Global grain commodity trading
Global grain commodity trading
From the 12th to the 14th of November 2013, the CA Global Europe team was proudly representing the CA Global Group at a major international exhibition held in Switzerland: GLOBAL GRAIN COMMODITY TRADING CONFERENCE! This conference served as the best meeting place for members involved in the global grain trade.
This event was the place to be for grain and oilseeds professionals coming from all over the world. For us, it was a unique opportunity to meet with potential clients and high-profile candidates. As the bottom line in this industry is to bring food to the tables, it was fascinating to meet with all the big players and understand further their businesses and roles in the entire value chain in the soft commodities sector, from farmers and producers, exporters, ship-owners, shipbrokers, to traders, business developers, finance specialists, insurance and risk management specialists.
So what is grain? Well according to Wikipedia, grains are hard, tiny and dry seeds harvested for human or animal consumption. These seeds may have or may not have attached layers of fruit. Another term for used is ‘grain crops’ and the main types of commercial grain crops are cereals such as wheat and rye,
and legumes such as beans and soybeans.
With over 1,000 delegates attending from industry leading companies, the global grain commodity trading conference provided unique networking opportunities alongside high quality content.
Currently the global grain commodity trading market is booming, emphasising the importance of this event that just took place. Oil-seed and global grain commodity trading professionals attended the event alongside hundreds of industry members.
KEY FEATURES OF THE GLOBAL GRAIN COMMODITY TRADING CONFERENCE:
- Members had the choice to be part of a separately bookable soft commodities seminar which took place on the 12th November. This specific seminar provided the perfect update on the soft commodities globally.
- Global grain commodity trading members were exposed to dedicated meeting areas which were available across the hotel so that meetings could take place in a quieter and less disturbing environment.
- Participants were served with networking breaks and cocktail receptions which offered the global grain trade guests supreme networking opportunities.
- This year the global grain commodity trading conference included a re-designed and improved agenda as industry professionals discuss the latest developments in the world grain markets.
- Global grain commodity trading members had access to Global Grain Live which allowed guests to contact delegates before, after and during the event, view speaker papers, email questions to the moderator and access the agenda.
- Last but certainly not least, members of the global grain commodity trading conference were exposed to an agenda that featured well known international speakers.
Here is a snap shot of the CA Global Europe team at the Global grain commodity trading conference, hope to see you there next year!
Are you looking to gain more experience in your field? Do you want to advance your skills? Feel free to send me your CV directly! You can forward your CV to zoe [at] caglobalint [dot] com Alternatively, our main website address –www.caglobalint.com – allows candidates to upload CV’s directly.
#Geneva #networking #trade #global #oilseed #grain #conference #commodities