Let's find out where you can grow your career
Account Manager (Business Development / Supply Chain / Heavy Industries / Sales / Export / Strategy) – Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
177 04 22 MNW
April 28, 2022
Reference Number: 177 04 22 MNW
Our client, an international supply chain services provider into heavy industries, is looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for relationship management, engaging new customers, recommending (new) products, and planning and developing opportunities in the market within the Business Unit, with a view to realizing sales targets. The ideal incumbent will be a team player who appreciates a multi-cultural environment and can easily engage with people in Africa & Europe, as well as someone capable of deep research and planning when setting out business development strategies.
- Working closely with the Account Support to ensure excellent customer service.
- Responsible for relationship management, from carrying out after-sales activities to monitoring the follow-up agreements made with the Sales Support staff.
- Following developments in the designated area, competition activities and customer needs.
- Advising the supervisor to ensure maximum advantage is taken of the developments.
- Making proposals regarding potential accounts, arrangements, prices, etc.
- Be responsible for the customer portfolio; actively searching for- and approaching customers.
- Deciding for conditions, within a set scope.
- Writing visit reports; registering the particulars regarding developments in the market and specific customers and utilizing our CRM tool MS Dynamics.
- Establish an excellent client satisfaction.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar (commercial) position), preferably in a service / supply organisation into heavy industries.
- Handling multiple projects with long sales cycles
- Understanding of international supply chains and freight processes
- Interested in ‘’making a difference’’ and assisting the company in standing out from its competitors.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Nuraan Marlie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.