Let's find out where you can grow your career
Account Manager (Mining / Business Development / Customer Relations / Sales) – Namibia, Southern Africa
472 1304 MHU
Our client is a leading original equipment manufacturer (OEM) servicing the mining industry. Managing strategically important Customers, the Account Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and growing key customer accounts through an effective account management process incorporating the customers’ strategic requirements with value propositions from the Company. The role is equal parts managing their relationship in order to grow their overall market share, increase share of wallet, and drive customer loyalty, and managing information flow to and from their internal stakeholders to align the customer approach and understanding.
- All employees and workers are required to conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm to; our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers
- Create and manage a detailed Account Business Plan for each account, which sets out the future business growth of the account by aligning the organizations to co-create long term value within the relationship.
- Develop relationships within both internal and external stakeholders to deliver effective engagement across all levels to ensure that identified value is captured.
- Ensure that the value delivered by all the Company offering is understood by the relevant customer stakeholders at all levels as it applies to them.
- Measure the performance of the customer account against the expectations of the plan and adjust wherever necessary through effective and decisive action
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Formal qualification in business, mining and/or engineering, Mine Overseer certificate of competence will be advantageous
- A valid driver’s license
- Strong English language proficiency
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Knowledge of Sandvik products and/or services and their applications will be an added advantage
- High sense of identifying and delivering value.
- Goal driven and have a track record of achieving those great results through teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills
- Business development and sales experience with demonstrated growth results.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and successfully execute a plan to achieve a desired outcome
- A high level of initiative, drive, and determination to set targets and achieve goals through exceptional levels of customer satisfaction is a key consideration in the selection for this position.
- Previous Accounts and application management experience in mining will be an advantage
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Physical and medical ability to work in a mining environment
- Travel to key customer sites will be necessary, up to 50% of the time
- All applicants must be Namibians or be in a position of a valid 2year work permit together with the process to become a citizen.