Accountant (Mining / Accounting / Articles / IFRS / Finance / Sage Evolution / Budgets / Forecasts) – Vancouver, Canada
434 2610 MHU
Our client is a mining services company who have a vacancy for an Accountant to be based in Vancouver, reporting into the Financial Manager, GM and MD. The main functions are Preparation and maintenance of all accounting records; Financial Reporting and Control; Management Accounting; Management of clerical staff; Submission and payment of all tax returns.
- Overall responsibility for accounts department ensuring that processing takes place timeously to produce management reports within 3 working days of the month end.
- Production planning and coordination (ensuring deadlines are met);
- Process and ensure accuracy of all books of account including general ledger, debtors, creditors, inventory and fixed assets.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts when required.
- Prepare and finalise trial balance monthly for management and annually for auditors
- Ensure all taxation records are accurate and returns submitted timeously.
- Ensure that and assist with processes where stock is controlled, bi-annual stock takes are conducted and stated value is fair.
- Ensure that all accounts payable including foreign creditors, are accurate and correctly stated.
- Ensure that debtors days are maintained within the 65 day period.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with.
- Ensure all deadlines are met in conjunction with production staff accurately and within the deadline;
- Ensure all fixed assets are reconciled and correct entries passed;
- Ensure time keeping is accurately administered.
- Do all overflow accounting work required, ensuring that all areas are given quality service.
- Monitor systems and take corrective action.
- Ensure and enforce the principle that profit performance is paramount and that processes are in place for the early detection of adverse performance.
- Ensure that bankers receive accurate reports timeously.
- Process payments for local and foreign creditors
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll reconciliations
- Accurate reporting of inventory based on job costing
- Assisting and managing all accounts staff
- Maintenance and management of the Debtors Book.
- Accurate compilation of all required schedules from Sage Evolution
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Undergraduate degree in finance/business or tertiary qualification of equal measure
- At least 5 years accounting experience in the finance division of a mining company of similar size
- Previous experience on Sage Evolution Accounting Software; previous experience with job costing
- 5 years’ computer skills; 2 years secretarial skills; 5 years administration experience;
- Articles completed at a medium to large auditing firm
- Knowledge of IFRS and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Strong management skills.
- Knowledge of accounting packages and systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent tax knowledge.
- Logical thinker and natural problem solver.
- Deadline driven.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Must possess Canadian citizenship
- Corporate environment