Reference No. NKBLR-AMBOC-001
Nature & Scope:
The role of the position holder will be to support the Board Secretariat in managing the corporate register of the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Maintaining an up-to-date and accurate share register of all the Bank’s shareholders, including all information required to be maintained in terms of the Bank’s Charter, Corporate Governance Codes and international best practice.
- Compute and maintain accurate records of each shareholder’s equity including paid up and callable capital and credit enhanced callable capital as may be in place from time to time.
- Administer the process of issuance of new shares in line with the applicable share price and equity received.
- Administer the share certificate issuance process as well as confirmations of shareholding as may be required from time to time.
- Verify dividends payable per shareholder and maintain records of dividend payments as and when dividends are declared.
- Process payments of dividends and shareholders’ instructions relating thereto
- Maintenance of records of accessions and ratifications of member states.
- Preparation of board reports on the status of equity investments, dividend payments and accessions and ratifications as may be required from time to time.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be designated by the Head of Department or senior management; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A post graduate degree as well as a bachelor’s degree in law or accounting from a recognized University
- Professional company secretarial practice and experience of not less than 5 years, with particular emphasis on management of shareholder records. Experience in handling secretarial matters related to multilateral or international organizations will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of best practice corporate governance practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments and to present required advice on various secretariat related issues to the Bank's senior management and the Board.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and working knowledge of French or vice versa. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal/secretarial documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to speedily grasp the essence, content, and implications of the Bank’s constitutive documents in order to be able to provide advice on them.
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Nicole Koenig at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking and Finance | Africa
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.