Let's find out where you can grow your career
Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Communications & Events (OOP) – Cairo, Egypt
April 14, 2022
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position.For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their websitewww.afreximbank.com . Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LBGBLR003
The role of the position holder will be to establish a process for ensuring that all newsworthy information related to the activities of the President are documented using all required tools, communicated across all relevant media channels with internal and external stakeholders as may be required and stored/archived in such a way that the records can be easily accessed when required.
The jobholder functions as a key part of the Bank’s public information team, supporting relations with the media and ensuring effective communication of the Bank’s message based on the President’s activities, using such tools as press releases in print media, social media, and the Bank’s website, thought leadership articles and publications updates, client communications, and ensuring that the Bank’s brand image is always sustained.
- Communication Planning: Developing a periodic communication plan e.g., quarterly, for the President based on the available schedule of activity to ensure that all communication and media related arrangements for activities in which the President is involved in are well planned, well executed and in line with required communication protocols.
- Capturing of Presidential Activity: Develop and implement required processes and guidelines to ensure that all the President’s activities are captured using appropriate tools including photography, text, video and audio and that the tools used for this purpose facilitate ease of transmission of the related information for ease of communication.
- Communication of Relevant Information: Prepare information about the President’s activities as captured for timely communication to relevant publics (internal and external) and media to ensure timeous publicity of major activities and events involving the President, to keep the public up to date about the President’s activities. This will include drafting and communicating instant messages on press releases for print media, taking appropriate follow-up actions to ensure appropriate publicity and analysing outcomes to ensure that the right levels of publicity are achieved and to participate in activities to promote media coverage (press conferences, interviews, press seminars and other special activities) related to the activities of the President. This will include provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries about the President’s activities from the media.
- Recommend appropriate information and communication tools for use in media and other communication activities; Participate in identifying communications content for dissemination to key constituencies while maintaining brand guidelines; Maintain and update media contact lists/databases; Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media; Act as a news desk officer.
- Design, and produce digital branding and marketing materials for dissemination through multiple points of presence as well as executive-quality presentations.
- Design and develop digital layouts, graphics, animation, and videos to support digital media communication and engagement of the President’s activities, including through the Bank’s website.
- Design and implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social, search, and other related campaigns to publicise and communicate the President’s business activities.
- Documenting & Archiving: In liaison with the Knowledge Management team, ensure that all information related to the President’s activities is filed and archived as appropriate for ease of access when required.
- Writing of Memoirs: Where former Presidents are writing memoirs, the job holder is expected to support them by ensuring that they get access to the information they need in liaison with the knowledge management team.
- Build Networks: Network with journalists, other media representatives, followers, and subscribers to media networks; Develop and sustain partnerships with internal and external partners for successful development and execution of Afreximbank’s media strategy; Monitor the media, analyse information and prepare reports in order to track outreach, engagement and growth of media coverage of the Bank in so far as the President’s activities are concerned.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Requirements:Qualification and Skill
- First degree in Business or Marketing Communication, Digital Media, Journalism or related fields; post graduate degree in the same or related fields from a recognized University or a relevant professional qualification in lieu.
- Professional digital communications practice and experience of at least five years, preferably at regional/international level. Experience in an agency or digital media firm and experience in visual design and communication is a huge advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French and proficiency or good working knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (Arabic and Portuguese) is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and good knowledge of the African continent.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours, with short deadlines, where required to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.
- Hands on experience with the Google Suite of Solutions (AdWords, Display Network, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics etc), Facebook Business Manager, MailChimp (or other email platforms).
- Experience in designing and executing campaigns on Facebook, Linkedln, Instagram, Twitter and other relevant social media platforms.
- Experience maintaining website and social media platforms and developing a range of marketing materials/content for community or business audiences.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Leroy Gona at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance