Reference No. MTBLR05
Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Investor Relations – Cairo, Egypt
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: MTBLR05
Nature & Scope:
The Assistant Manager, Investor Relations plays a vital role in realizing Afreximbank's mission by contributing to the expansion and diversification of African trade. This involves identifying and targeting the right investors, maintaining effective communication with institutional investors, and supporting equity mobilization. The role requires excellent communication skills, a background in investor relations and equity research, and the ability to thrive in a target-driven environment. The incumbent will report to the Senior Manager, Equity Mobilization & Investor Relations.
- Support Managers in establishing and maintaining strong relationships with shareholders, regulators, and the investment community.
- Facilitate the development of a robust pipeline of high-quality investor opportunities aligned with the Bank's mandate.
Research and Analysis:
- Conduct background research and analysis as part of investor relations activities.
- Coordinate Due Diligence processes.
- Perform financial ratio analysis of competitors to inform strategic decision-making.
- Analyze possible equity-raising structures for the Bank.
- Prepare investor presentations, teasers, information memoranda, and other documentation to meet Senior Management standards.
Documentation and Communication:
- Prepare initial drafts of key investor relations documents, including teasers, information memoranda, memos, and presentations.
- Respond to shareholder inquiries and prepare audit confirmations.
- Manage the evolution of the department’s investment pipeline by maintaining accurate status updates for each potential investment.
- Develop and manage an annual program for engaging with the investment community, including results conference calls, roadshows, and conferences.
Media and Website Management:
- Project-manage the regular updating of the investor relations section on the Bank’s website through a dedicated information platform.
- Prepare investor presentations, press releases, research reports, and summarize financial ratios, earnings estimates, and other market data.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrable experience in investor relations and listing processes in Africa (an added advantage).
- Proven track record of managing relationships with senior officials of banks, African institutions, governments, and high net worth individuals.
- Ability to attract relevant shareholders that meet financial targets.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic communication, investor relations, marketing, and media.
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and outstanding communication abilities.
- Problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills with strategic and creative thinking.
- Effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, and issue escalation.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Matthew Taylor at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Finance, Fintech & IT
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.