Afreximbank: Assistant Manager – Regional Business Development (PAPSS) – Cairo, Egypt
Reference No. JABR-AMRBD-PAPSS
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
The Pan African Payment and Settlement System (PAPSS) is the first centralized payment market infrastructure for processing, clearing, and settling of intra-African trade and commerce payments. PAPSS is an arm of the African Export- Import Bank (Afreximbank), which is a pan-African multilateral financial institution, established in 1993 for the purpose of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. Afreximbank operates and manages PAPSS.
PAPSS is now ready to start operations and is looking for experienced individuals, who are innovative, entrepreneurial, and imbued with the passion and commitment to transform Africa through trade.
Reference Number: JABR-AMRBD-PAPSS
Lead the responsibility for PAPSS business acquisition in the Eastern African region as well as market development and sales within the said region.
The Assistant manager regional Business Development will be responsible for driving business dynamics in his/her region and ensuring the members and participants are fully mobilized and signed up. In addition, ensure that the existing members and participants are excellently served. The incumbent will liaise with client relations at the regional office in the development and execution of business growth strategies, business development and digital sales.
The role will be instrumental to the development of Pan-African cross-border payment products and services to facilitate trade and economic activities within Eastern Africa.
- Responsible for the implementation of the PAPSS vision and strategy within Eastern Africa.
- Development of strategic marketing and sales plans within his/her region.
- Driving performance and income for a portfolio of services and manage all product development and management within the concerned region.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of PAPSS services including, planning, use case creation, user experience, design, and commercial management within Eastern Africa.
- Propose to PAPSS management pricing models for new services based on understanding participant payment services economics, competition, and customer data/insights within Eastern Africa.
- Maintain the integrity of PAPSS and the entire product design while ensuring the correct solutions are being developed for clients and partners within Eastern Africa.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting as required to the PAPSS executive management.
- Manage the commercialization of PAPSS products and offering to customers within Eastern Africa region.
- Understand market trends and requirements and propose PAPSS product solutions that need to be produced as a result.
- Engage with and influence senior level participants on PAPSS payments within Eastern Africa.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Economics, or related fields.
- A Master’s degree in a related field and/or business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a significant tenure involved in payments and technology, with a strong understanding of the African payments landscape.
- The candidate filling this role will be a mid-manager product level with strong digital product development, digital product marketing and sales, and program/ project management skills, and prior revenue (P&L) responsibility will be an added advantage.
- Expert knowledge of the Eastern Africa region
- Expert knowledge of payments products and sales of the same including customer development and user-experience.
- Strong experience of large-scale technology payment product rollouts, and the ability to communicate commercially whilst being able to dive into technical detail as required and the ability to collaborate successfully with stakeholders.
- Ability to develop, and direct the implementation of business development plans, marketing plans and sales plans.
- Knowledge of digital currency required.
- Understanding of payment and transfers dynamics and critical factors driving profitability that form input to product development and marketing.
- Experience in several key payment business areas preferred, such as portfolio management, strategy, marketing, product management, operations, risk management.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent presentation skills, including writing capabilities.
- Good knowledge of mobile and card payments technologies and back-end banking systems.
- Experience of working with and understanding relevant payment laws and regulations.
- Relationship management skills particularly ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives.
- Excellent communication in English with French a benefit.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 12-month Contract
- USD tax exempt salary
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
Closing Date: 1st of June 2022
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Jamie Adams at Jadams@caglobalint.com Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Jamie Adams Recruitment Consultant Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.