Reference No. SRBLR-AM-SYAG-002
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-AM-SYAG-002
Nature & Scope:
The Syndications team is managed by the Director for Syndication & Risk Distribution and is located in the Vice Presidency for Global Trade Bank. This complex encompasses Afreximbank’s client facing origination functions comprising regionally based client relations teams as well as the Bank’s product teams. Syndications works in support of the client relations and product teams centrally providing structuring support and distribution services to all of these origination units. The position holder will be part of the Syndications function and work for the Director Syndications to achieve the team’s main objectives include:
- establishing Afreximbank as the leading arranger of syndicated facilities in Africa;
- mobilising funding from a diverse spectrum of investors including regional and international commercial banks, Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), Export Credit Agencies (ECAs), and funds to enhance the development impact of the Bank’s deployed risk capital;
- using loan syndications as an instrument for leveraging international financing into Africa;
- generating incremental revenue for the Bank derived from the enhanced fee income generated from the arranging and distribution of syndicated loans;
- contributing to the optimisation of the Bank’s risk asset diversification objectives and capital used in operations through primary syndication and secondary sales.
- Supporting Business Development/Origination:
- Actively participate in presenting proposals and mandate letters to clients emphasizing the benefits of syndication and co-financing thereby working with the Bank’s other origination teams to secure syndicated loan mandates from existing and potential clients of the Bank;
- assist in structuring transactions to ensure they reflect current market conditions and investor appetite in order to attract syndication partners;
- assist in marketing the Bank’s syndicated finance product as well as funded and unfunded risk participations to the widest possible group of syndication partners and co-financiers including DFIs, ECAs, commercial banks, African financial institutions, African multilaterals, insurers and other financial institutions.
- coordinate and/or participate in deal road-shows and co-financing partner calling programmes to support expansion of the Bank’s syndication activities.
- Actively implement all aspects of the Bank’s syndication policies and procedures.
- Syndication Loan Structuring and Distribution:
In accordance with the Bank’s Syndicated Loans Policy (SLP):
- Assist in conducting market soundings to identify prospective syndicate partner banks and financial institutions;
- prepare syndicated deal documentation including teasers, mandate documents, term-sheets, and information memoranda that will be used to market syndicated deals and facilitate the entry of syndication partners into Bank arranged transactions;
- support deal structuring and pricing negotiations;
- assist in executing mandated syndicate loan transactions in cooperation with the relevant client relations and product teams;
- Primary responsibility for the Bank’s insurance product and focal point for all communication with Bank’s insurance broker. Preparing transaction teasers to obtain NBIs, liaising internally with relevant client relationship managers, Operations, Product teams to resolve any queries from the insurance market, insurance premium calculations and monthly reporting etc;
- Asset Sales:
- Implement the Bank’s asset sale policy by identifying existing assets for potential secondary sale and obtaining market feedback on appetite levels and sale pricing;
- Liaise with the Banking Operations department that performs the Bank’s portfolio management function to support the optimization of the Bank’s capital allocation through secondary market sales.
- Market Knowledge:
- Conduct syndicated loan market research on pricing and deal structures to facilitate efficient distribution of transactions arranged by the Bank, including the secondary market pricing for assets for sale;
- Providing market pricing and risk appetite feedback to the Bank’s management and deal origination teams for their consideration of all syndicated facilities;
- Retain investor appetite in the team’s client relationship management tool Debt domain.
- Relationship Management:
- Maintain and expand a diversified network of syndicated loan/co-financing partners including DFIs, ECAs, multilaterals, international commercial banks, African financial institutions, funds, and credit insurance companies;
- Devise and implement enhanced cooperation in syndication and co-financing between the Bank and DFIs active in Africa;
- Retain and manage relationships with a wide network of professional advisors, consultants and deal originators active in the syndicated loan market, including debt management and data service providers such as Thomson-Reuters, Debt Domain etc.
- Monthly/ Quarterly Reporting:
- Prepare Department’s monthly report for EVP’s office;
- Prepare Department’s monthly Tier-2 performance tracking report;
- On-time preparation and submission of quarterly Board papers;
- Work with the credit department to facilitate the credit processing and approval and the legal department with regard to transaction documentation for all syndicated facilities;
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Good first degree in a related area and a Master’s degree in economics, banking & finance, or MBA from a recognized University. A professional qualification in banking or international trade finance or other related disciplines may be accepted in lieu of a postgraduate degree;
- at least 5 years of relevant experience acquired in a leading financial institution or organisation;
- At least 5 years of experience in the syndicated loan market and good understanding of the African debt markets, with proven background in fund raising, syndications, loan structuring and business development activities in developing markets;
- knowledge and working experience of trade, corporate, and structured finance products to be offered to clients, including syndicated loans, co-financing, club deals, and correspondent banking products including letters of credit, structured trade finance, corporate loans, project-related financing;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Strong customer focus and ability to engage effectively with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (Arabic, French & Portugese) is an added advantage;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Banking and Finance | Africa & Global
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.