Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Trade Finance East Africa – Kampala, Uganda
Reference No. CEBLR4
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: CEBLR4
- This role supports the Bank in achieving its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters”. It does this by participating in the Trade Finance delivery team to help find and develop opportunities for business development in structured trade and commodity finance spanning the corporate finance and investment banking portfolios in all member states and participating states.
- Originating and completing transactions across a spectrum of sectors in different African countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Trade Finance
- Structuring transactions, developing, and negotiating term sheets to execution
- Presenting and defending own transactions to relevant approval committees e.g. PAC
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of international trade finance
- Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of the structured trade and commodity finance market e.g:
- Letters of Credit
- Bills of Exchange
- Factoring and Forfaiting
- Remittance-backed business
- Collateral managed warehouse financing
- Receivables backed financing
- Pre-export and pre-shipment financing etc.
- Self-liquidating, short-term commodity trade financing
- Developing, marketing and managing Afreximbank’s programmes and facilities as applicable to job holder’s portfolio
- Design schemes and road-shows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities
- Manage own portfolio, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time
- Supporting the credit department with information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation
- In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is got, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the bank’s and the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same
- Developing relationships with trade finance clients operating in Africa, exporters and other international players with interests in Africa, Should also develop relationships with major financial institutions operating in the trade finance market in Africa, including international banks, African financial institutions (trade finance intermediaries) and corporates
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First and Post graduate degrees in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an added advantage
- Sound experience of at least 5 years with an established organization and demonstrable competence in:
- Understanding the use and application of the trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work
- Engaging with, assessing the needs of and providing constructive solutions to clients for their Structured Trade and Commodity Finance transactions via bilateral or syndicated/Club arrangements (to create risk profiles that are well understood and address the needs of the client whilst respecting the risk appetite of the bank, addressing both primary obligor and third-party risk as well as related trade product risk)
- Evaluating Commodity trader performance
- Knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the structured commodity trade finance market and the participants in major regions of Africa
- Must have an understanding of international trade and trade finance rules, including International Chamber of Commerce Rules of international trade (UCP, URDG, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese)
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties
- Proven experience in marketing commodity trade and structured trade finance products
- The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade and commodity finance products
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals
- Willing and able to relocate to Kampala for the opportunity.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Finance, Fintech & IT
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.