Let's find out where you can grow your career
Afreximbank: Consultant Compliance (AML/CTF & FCC) – Cairo / Egypt
Reference Number: LIPBLR20
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF)
- Identified as the key stakeholder of the Compliance Department in the preventing money laundering and terrorist financing through embedding a compliance culture across the Bank and ensuring that the Bank’s infrastructure is not willfully compromised to facilitate proceeds of crime or funding of terrorism activities.
- Ensure that the Bank’s standards related to anti-money laundering policies, and practices are effectively implemented and followed by all of staff. Perform assessments for compliance with internal policies and procedures on anti-money laundering.
- Monitor AML/CFT and fraud trends, intelligence, typologies, and regulatory developments; and make recommendations to implement or improve transaction controls and/or monitoring programs accordingly.
- Regularly perform checks to ensure that the controls in place are adequate to mitigate the Bank against money laundering risks.
- Design, execute, and manage enterprise-wide and product-specific AML/CTF policy, procedures, risk assessments, and country risk ratings.
- Assess compliance with AML/CTF regulations of countries where the Bank’s programs distributed, and proactively identify and evaluate potential and emerging risks that may require program enhancement.
- Interact with senior management in compliance, legal, risk, and business units concerning AML/CTF issues and processes.
- Collaborate with enterprise-level and business units to ensure successful program execution and serve as trusted advisor, subject matter expert, and partner to business units throughout the organization.
- Design, execute, and manage internal reviews based upon review objectives, risks, and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the Bank’s AML/CTF monitoring and assessment system and provide Management and Board an overview of the ML/FT and Sanctions risks the bank is facing and the related mitigating actions.
- Manage Bank’s AML/CTF system improvement project under the supervision of the Director Compliance.
- Manage internal reviews across different products, services, and entities. Ensure regular review of the product.
- Centralised interaction and communication with country FIUs.
- Design and manage the Global Anti-Money Laundering Questionnaires and Supplement Guides.
- Be a stakeholder on product risk assessments, new business initiatives.
- Assess the impact to business units of meeting compliance requirements and help them optimize for business results and lead initiatives to streamline and simplify processes.
- Assess and manage AML/CTF risks linked to new project lifecycle and work with key stakeholders to deliver risk mitigation plans and strategy as needed.
- Coordinate the AML/CTF training program (to staff, Management and Board) of the Bank and ensure updates based upon changes in risks associated with products, regulations, laws, risk appetite, etc.
- Managing Financial Crime Compliance
- Review all CDD (Customer Due Diligence) reports provided by the CDD Analyst and check for completeness and probe for further information as is required.
- Coordinate the collection of management information and statistics as required for Customer Due Diligence reporting.
- Coordinate the follow-up of recommended actions identified during CDD Analysis and monitoring.
- Regularly perform checks to ensure that the controls in place are adequate to mitigate the Bank against Financial Crime risks.
- Financial Crime Intelligence
- Perform analysis of Global and regional trends regarding money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit cross boarder financial crimes and make recommendations to implement or improve transaction controls and/or monitoring programmed accordingly.
- Provide input and support the Head of Compliance in producing reports to Senior Management on global and regional trends.
- Ensure that the Bank’s subscriptions on watch lists providers are up-to-date and relevant.
- Monitor Conflict of interest and staff conduct.
- Compliance Program
- Support the Head of Compliance in design, implementation, and oversight of the Bank’s compliance controls and monitoring programs that meet best standards practices and align with a risk-based approach.
- Research, analyze, identify, propose guidance or problem resolution, and prepare memos, presentations, and other documents on all topics impacting compliance controls and monitoring programmes.
- Identify compliance and corporate governance key risk indicators; define and maintain periodic monitoring and reporting.
- Draft communication and training programmes for Employees, Senior Management and Board of Directors.
- Conduct annual Compliance reviews to ensure that all staff are compliant, and they are knowledgeable of their obligations as employees of Afreximbank.
- Annual Forums
- Actively participate and fully support the Head of Compliance Department in preparations and launching of all forums that are hosted by the Bank through the Compliance Department.
- Any other duties
- Perform any other departmental duties and responsibilities as may be assigned Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant degree in related areas such as Banking, Risk Management plus a post graduate degree in a related field.
- A professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of minimum 8 years in Compliance functions in a pan-African financial institution.
- Must demonstrate the ability and sound knowledge of KYC/AML requirements.
- Familiar with field related regulations in Africa and international leading best practices.
- Familiar with AML/CFT monitoring systems and related investigation process.
- Ability to review customer KYC/CDD documentation, to assess inherent AML risks and produce detailed reports that will be used for decision making by the Bank.
- Ability to interpret policy documents and provide inputs where required.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa, and outside Africa.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages (French, Portuguese, and Arabic) are an added advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporate entities and regulators (FIUs, Central Banks, Law Enforcement Agencies).
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- 1 - year contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply