Afreximbank: Manager, Administration (Facilities Management)- Cairo, Egypt
Reference Number: FDSBLR3
- The role of the position holder is to manage, supervise and coordinate all activities relating to the Bank’s global investment and infrastructure real estate projects across the continent, the Africa Trade Centre project and the management of all the Bank facilities, owned or leased to facilitate and enable the Bank to smoothly run its business and support the core functions of the Bank through the effective management of different related processes to deliver operational efficiencies in all its geographies.
- Drawing up procurement plans for feasibility studies, solicitation of architectural and engineering consultants, contractor and subcontractors and other procurement activities as may be determined.
- The procurement plans shall describe the technical and general specifications, the sourcing, solicitation and selection strategy and other relevant information critical for the procurement activity and which will aid greater success in attracting the most competent consultants, contractors and subcontractors.
Tender Action and Award:
- Prepare Tender documents.
- Review Expressions of Interest and prepare report for pre-qualification of most suited bidders.
- Issue RFP/Tender/invitation to Bid to Bank approved pre-selected and reputable bidders.
- Check, analyze and study the bidder’s technical and financial proposals.
- Prepare a tender evaluation report with recommendations to the Bank.
- Make a presentation to the Bank tender committee and respond to any queries.
- Organize presentations of leading bidders.
- Carry out necessary diligence checks on bidders.
- Review and approve bidder guarantees.
- Issue bid acceptance and rejection notices.
- Arrange delivery of work site to the successful contractor.
- Prepare Contract(s) agreeable to the Bank.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with the Contractor(s).
- Facilitate the Award of construction Contract(s).
Project Management and Supervision - The Manager shall provide supervision services to the Bank covering, but not limited to the following:
- Act as the Bank’s / Employers representative for the conduct of different commissioned pre-construction and construction studies and works.
- Supervise the commissioned pre-construction and construction studies and works from beginning to end, ensuring they are completed within time and budgetary constraints.
- Supervise the performance of the selected Consulting firms and Contractors and their sub-Contractors for compliance with contracts, tender documents, technical specifications, and Bank requirements and delivery time and deadlines.
- Notify the Bank of Consulting firms, Contractors and sub-Contractors non-conformance and take remedial action.
- Review and recommend to Bank Consulting firms, Contractors and sub-Contractors submittals for compliance with contract documents, and accordingly, in consultation with the Bank, accept or reject, on behalf of the Bank, in writing, within the time frame of the project.
- Rationalize and coordinate revisions and modifications and seek Bank approval.
- Manage correspondences with the Consulting firms, Contractors and sub-Contractors and other relevant parties, including licensing and other authorities.
- Coordinate meetings with the Consulting firms, Contractors and sub-Contractors and the Bank and issue minutes.
- Review progress reports submitted by the Consulting firms, Contractor and sub-Contractors and brief the Bank.
- Submit preliminary and final study completion report.
- Any other required tasks towards successful management of the feasibility study.
Project and Operations Management - The Manager shall provide strategic, tactical and operational integrated project and operation management and support to the Bank construction and other projects covering, but not limited to the following:
- Plan, execute and finalize assigned projects with strict adherence to deadlines and within budget;
- Coordinate efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan;
- Define project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Direct and manage project development activities from beginning to end for a select number of Bank projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Bank management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Lesson Learnt - Create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Audit – Point of contact for consultation and queries with internal and external auditors.
Global Facilities Management:
- The Manager shall manage Bank premises (both owned and rented) to ensure that they are properly operated, cleaned, secured and maintained according to required international standards and local country regulations.
- They shall ensure the facilitation of a safe and healthy working environment for all staff in line with international best practice and other Bank’s policies and procedures.
- They shall ensure the implementation of all Bank’s Property Management policies and procedures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- An undergraduate degree plus a Master’s degree from a leading University in either Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Real Estate, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position.
- Sound relevant experience of minimum 8 years with a leading internationally recognised organization, preferably in Africa;
- Possess at least 5 years of managerial responsibility in a client support environment.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all facets of facilities management, construction, real estate management, life cycle management, maintenance and logistics support.
- Demonstrate a broad exposure and wide range of experiences in contract management, budgeting and procurement activities.
- Possess thorough and detailed knowledge of a project management.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of administrative practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Proven experience in business support services. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of managing support services in a fairly complex environment. Knowledge of computerised support services systems is desirable;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Innovativeness, resourcefulness and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to devote extra time to work where required.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to multi-task.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences and reports, and to draft ‘board-level quality’ analyzes, memo’s and reports.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Results driven and pro-activity.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply