Afreximbank - Manager, Equity Mobilisation & Investor Relations – Cairo Egypt
Reference Number: RSBBLR016
- Identify and target new investors and sell the Bank’s shares and other equity linked instruments to these investors as well as existing shareholders to enable the Bank to maintain a strong balance sheet position. Particular focus will be on African financial institutions, governments, corporations, and high net worth individuals.
- Engage in deal origination as well as structure and distribute the Bank’s equity instruments through primary and secondary market offerings. Experience in investment banking equity sales, IPO deal procedures, network of relationship with a wide range of African institutions and non-African institutions, African governments and high net worth individuals, as well as the ability to cope in a target-driven environment are required to succeed in this role.
- Play a critical role in presenting a consistent investor value proposition to Afreximbank's investment community and for monitoring and presenting a relevant summary of investor feedback regarding the Bank’s performance to senior leadership. An excellent communicator, passionate educator, and strong financial analyst.
- Support the development of the Bank’s strategy in the area of raising equity capital and manage relationship with new and existing shareholders of the Bank on an ongoing basis with a long-term perspective.
- Pitch to targets about equity investment opportunities in the Bank’s and increase their level of commitment to the Bank’s equity pool.
- Attract relevant shareholders, in other African DFIs, that are fit for purpose, into the Bank’s register of shareholders.
- Analyze Afreximbank’s shareholder base and identify underweight or non-investors with whom Afreximbank ought to meet/develop a relationship.
- Work with team to achieve financial equity raising targets advised from time to time and required to support balance sheet growth
- Collaborate with the Communications Unit, to maintain and improve relations and communications between the organization and the investing public, shareholders, and financial professionals to enhance the standing of the organization financial instruments.
- Lead the creation of presentations, press releases and other communication materials for earnings, industry events, and presentations to analysts and investors.
- Respond to routine analyst and investor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Work with other functions in the Bank in ensuring that all company communications to investors are integrated and consistent.
- Develop Investor Relations functions including expanding and managing investor targeting and tracking systems, as well as maintaining the Investor Relations section of the Bank’s external website.
- Monitor analyst reports and summarize them for senior management.
- Manage and coordinate all the “road shows”, investor conferences both domestically and internationally, both on-site and off-site.
- Develop and maintain systems that provide control of investor and shareholder interactions and improve the marketability of organization's financial instruments.
- Provide analytical support for any “ go to the market” initiatives the Bank may choose to use for purposes of raising additional equity for the Bank to ensure full subscription; and
- Provide regular feedback to management and other stakeholders on investment/analyst community perceptions of the Bank, concerns, and investment criteria.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Good first degree (not below a second-class lower honour degree) from a leading University in either Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or other disciplines relevant to the position.
- Candidates should hold a post graduate degree in a related field from a reputable university, with up to 10 years of relevant experience. However, candidates without a post graduate degree but with a recognised investment management (e.g. CFA) and at least 12 years of relevant corporate finance/investment banking experience in an international commercial environment may also apply.
- Prior experience should include knowledge of finance, investment banking, equity capital markets, and business origination / equity sales. Experience as a financial analyst, industry analyst or similar work in finance is an added advantage.
- Proven track record of managing relationship and interacting with senior officials of banks, African institutions, African governments, and high net worth individuals.
- Ability to attract relevant shareholders that are fit for purpose and meet financial targets.
- Demonstrable experience of strategic communication, investor relations, marketing, and the media.
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking.
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting and escalation of issues where appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.