Reference No. CEBLR5
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: CEBLR5
- The role is designed to aid the Bank to achieve its mission “to stimulate a consistent expansion, diversification and development of African trade, while operating as a first class, profit-oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a center of excellence in African trade matters” by championing the implementation of the Bank’s trade facilitation initiatives across the Continent in support of the operationalisation of the AfCFTA. Originating and completing transactions across a spectrum of sectors in different African countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Trade Finance
- Coordinate the implementation of key Bank initiatives that support the implementation of the AfCFTA
- The Manager – IATB (Trade Facilitation-AfCFTA) will have the primary responsibility of driving smooth implementation of the Bank’s collaborative initiatives with the AfCFTA Secretariat
- Develop and manage relationships with organised private sector to ensure buy-in and support of the various initiatives being implemented by the Bank to support the AfCFTA
- Managing high level relationship with stakeholders in relation to the AfCFTA, especially the African Union, AfCFTA Secretariat, Regional Economic Communities, Member States, international organisations, etc.
- As may be delegated by Executive Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known
- Carry out any other work related that might be assigned towards achievement of the goals of the Trade Facilitation Unit.
- Prepare the strategic and annual work plans for the Trade Facilitation Department and ensure that these are implemented and formally updated on a regular basis
- Provide leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the approved work plan
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from recognized universities in international Trade or International Economic Law with specialization in International Trade, Economics or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A recognized post graduate professional qualification in a relevant area will presented an added advantage
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading trade policy and facilitation consulting firm, think tank, or development/international finance institution and familiarity with the practical solutions that should be applied at macro and micro level to facilitate intra-African trade
- Must have passion for Africa and the drive and courage to deliver on challenging objectives
- Must possess strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking studies, executing and delivering solutions relating to Trade Facilitation.
- Very good understanding of African trade and economic development issues, in particular around the AfCFTA and challenges with demonstrated ability to provide related technical support
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with the application of African Union policies, rules and regulations
- Expert knowledge of existing bilateral, regional and international trade conventions and protocols (e.g. bilateral trade agreements, regional trade agreements among RECs, the Tripartite FTA, the AfCFTA, WTO) as well as other trade related initiatives by UNCTAD etc.
- Knowledge on the various interventions that are being implemented by the Bank as highlighted in section 3 above
- Demonstrated experience of trade-related negotiations
- Knowledge of trade finance related products that can be deployed to enhance intra-African trade
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa
- Ability to interact with senior officials of national, regional and continental level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’ s mandate
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Finance, Fintech & IT
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.