Afreximbank: Manager, Project Preparation – Cairo, Egypt
Reference No. CDTBLR-PPU-001
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: CDTBLR-PPU-001
Nature & Scope:
The role of the position holder will be to participate in drawing up annual business development plans, developing pipeline of viable projects with a focus on transactions that promote Intra-African Trade, Industrialization and Export Development activities. The holder of this position will work alongside the Client Relations teams to implement these plans with support from the Head of Project Preparation.
The selected candidate will focus on developing high-quality development projects.
- Identify and assess project development and investment opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through proactive origination/business development and developing and employing sector/country knowledge.
- Lead project development initiatives, which includes the development and assessment of prefeasibility and feasibility studies, design of new business models, bankability assessment and implementation plans for development projects that lead to Afreximbank investments.
- Conduct sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Design and implement scalable solutions and platforms that can be replicated across markets.
- Spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to member countries.
- Supervise the production of regular reports on the assigned project portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and form partnerships with staff across Afreximbank, sponsors, clients and other external parties to enable delivery of projects.
- Help build external recognition of Afreximbank’s distinctive capabilities in working in project development to catalyze greater flow of investment opportunities in the sector.
- Work with the Head of Project Preparation to mobilize third-party capital.
- From time to time and depending on workload and team needs, execute viable investment transactions in priority sectors (due-diligence, valuation, financial analysis, transaction structuring, documentation, negotiations etc.) that maximize development impact.
- Any other duties as assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A first degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering and post graduate degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, or another relevant field.
- At least 8 years of experience in the project and infrastructure finance sector, with a proven track record in project development preparing feasibility studies, financial models, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions, or in an investment related function, developing and closing deals.
- Strong, demonstrated understanding and proven hands-on experience in at least one of the following sectors: energy, transport and logistics, healthcare, agro-processing, light manufacturing, heavy industry, ICT, hospitality and tourism.
- Regional knowledge of countries and understanding of infrastructure challenges faced by countries within the continent will be a plus.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials.
- Genuine commitment to development and to Afreximbank’s mission, strategy, and values.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo. Proven track record in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects/programs/initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills; demonstrated ability to synthetize complex information and make concrete strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Excellent people skills, openness to feedback, new ideas, and ability to guide, and motivate others.
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
Recruitment Consultant – Banking and Finance | Africa
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.