Afreximbank: Manager, Research & International Cooperation (Trade Economics) – Cairo, Egypt
Reference No. FDSBLR013
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: FDSBLR013
- Contribution to the enhancement of research methodology in the preparation of required studies in the areas of trade and economic development issues of importance to Africa.
- Undertaking research in trade and economic integration to inform investment decisions by the Bank.
- Undertaking research in trade and economic integration to support implementation of the AfCFTA.
- Analyzing large data and interpreting econometric and statistical output in support of Bank operations and policy formulation.
- Monitoring trends and dynamics of commodities of interest to the Bank.
- Monitoring and updating relevant data of interest to the Bank including balance of payments dynamics for African countries.
- Contributing to the provision of timely and relevant research and analytical support to Business Origination Department/Units and other Department/Units.
- Contributing to the preparation of technical reports, including the African Trade Report, Banking and Finance and Credit Trends in Africa, as well as other periodic reports for dissemination to colleagues, Senior Management and the Board through the Bank’s knowledge management function.
- Building and updating a reliable database covering variables of interest to the Bank.
- Contributing to the preparation of regular research reports to monitor developments in global trade and trade finance as well as the Bank’s key markets and products and providing timely analyses on their likely impact on the African economy and the Bank’s operations.
- Supporting ongoing efforts to build time series data on trade, trade finance and banking in Africa.
- Participating in the conduct of cutting-edge research in economics, ranging from theoretical methodological issues to applied economics touching on trade development and economic integration issues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Master or Advanced degree in Micro or Macroeconomics, especially international Economics and trade, Econometrics, or other related field from a recognized University.
- Excellent knowledge of Balance of Payment (BoP) analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of African trade and trade finance landscape including regulation, development, practices, among others.
- Sound and proven experience of at least 8 years in micro/macroeconomic, trade and economic research and analysis in a Development Finance Institution (DFI) or reputable organization and experience in trade and development economics will be an advantage.
- Research capacity in relevant fields demonstrated and supported by a track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing research papers and reports for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of quantitative and qualitative research and econometric and statistical methods.
- Demonstrated experience in trade analysis and familiarity with GTAP and CGE models.
- Demonstrated experience in economics of integration and good knowledge of the AfCFTA.
- Demonstrated international experience and in-depth knowledge of the working of WTO and other international trade organizations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret econometrics and statistical outputs.
- Excellent knowledge of growth and trade-related models.
- Good knowledge of statistical and econometric software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, E-Views, Mathlab, SAS, MICROFIT, PcGive, and Excel Spreadsheet, etc.).
- Familiarity with major micro/macroeconomic and trade-oriented database including those of World Bank, IMF, ITC, WTO, and UNCTAD, as well as Bankscope, etc.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English or French and working knowledge of the banks other languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
Closing Date: 17th
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|