Reference No. FDSBLR012
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: FDSBLR012
- Contribute to the enhancement of research methodology in the preparation of required studies in the areas of monetary and financial economics as well as economic development issues of importance to Africa.
- Contribute to the development of in-house macroeconomic and financial models, including PD models, Stress testing models, Loan grading Models, Capital adequacy models, macroeconomic and financial forecasting models, and other relevant models as appropriate.
- Support day-to-day management of in-house ECL models and other financial models for evidence-based pricing and to inform decision-making process.
- Support the Bank’s transition towards IFRS 9, including through the production of regular update on facility-life-cycle PDs.
- Supporting the drafting and production of various documents ranging from financial reports, teasers, information memoranda, memos, presentations, and other analytical reports.
- Collect, organize, and monitor key monetary and financial economic and trade data to guide Bank policies and operations.
- Support the development and management of financial and economic models to inform decision-making process.
- Support ongoing efforts by the Bank to develop and improve in-house tools for risk management and cost management.
- Analyze large data and interpret econometric and statistical output in support of Bank operations and policy formulation.
- Contribute to the provision of timely research and analytical support to Business Origination Department/Units and other relevant Departments/Units.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical reports, including the African Trade Report, Banking and Finance and Credit Trends in Africa, as well as other periodic reports.
- Contribute to annual review and update of existing in-house financial models and tools.
- Support ongoing efforts to build and regularly update Bank’s financial variables as well as key variables on Bank’s clients and portfolios.
- Contribute to the preparation of regular research reports to monitor developments in global trade and trade finance as well as the Bank’s key markets and products and providing timely analyses on their likely impact on the African economy and the Bank’s operations.
- Support ongoing efforts to build time series data on trade, trade finance and banking in Africa.
- Participate in the conduct of cutting-edge research in economics, ranging from theoretical methodological issues to applied economics touching on trade development and financial issues.
- Support the implementation of the Bank’s initiatives assigned to the Department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to the jobholder.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor and master’s degree in Macroeconomics or Mathematical Economics, especially Monetary Economics, Financial Economics, Econometrics, or other relevant field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in the financial services or consulting industry.
- Excellent knowledge of Balance of Payment (BoP) and data analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of African banking and financial landscape including regulation, development, practices, among others.
- Demonstrable experience in micro/macroeconomic and financial economics as well as modelling and forecasting and economic research and analysis in a Development Finance Institution (DFI) or reputable organization and experience in trade and development economics will be an advantage.
- Proven experience in risk modeling relevant in the financial services sector including (a) PD, LGD models, (b) Stress testing, (c) Loan grading Models, (d) modelling dynamics in capital adequacy ratios, and (e) other relevant financial forecasting models as appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing research papers for use by the financial services industry and an expert understanding of quantitative and qualitative research and econometric and statistical methods.
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling and forecasting models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret econometrics and statistical outputs.
- Good knowledge of financial, statistical, and econometric software (e.g., SPSS, STATA, E-Views, Mathlab, SAS, MICROFIT, PcGive, NaviPlan, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, and Excel Spreadsheet, etc.).
- Familiarity with major financial, micro/macroeconomic, and trade-oriented database including those of World Bank, IMF, Bloomberg, ITC, WTO, and UNCTAD, as well as Bankscope, etc.
- Ability to interact and work closely with colleagues to effectively engage clients and collect relevant data to regularly update financial variables.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills and very strong financial modelling skills required.
- Ability to immediately contribute to the team based on past experience and help to transfer best practices and knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
Closing Date: 17th
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|