Reference No. SFBLR24
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SFBLR24
- Review and Analysis
- Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers and partners to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Assist in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable.
- Work out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
- Make business / commercial recommendations on proposals to team members following preliminary review.
- Structuring all Intra-African trade transactions, and under the supervision of a designated Intra-African Trade staff, develop draft indicative term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
- Develop pre-assessment memos on proposals received from potential borrowers, highlighting key aspects of the transactions, and providing sound arguments for the Bank to finance the transaction.
- To develop new financing products and other programmes related to the Department’s activities.
- Prepare and manage Intra-African trade transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Create and report the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision-making.
- Business Development
- Preparation of an annual Marketing Plan for the region, derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval.
- Implementing marketing plans and strategies for deepening and expanding various activities of intra-African trade as approved by the Bank.
- During the business development process, work closely with client relations teams and, in some cases, external professional consultants to deliver viable product/financial solutions to clients.
- Proactively engage the Bank’s clients in the region with Client Relations to deepen relationships and deliver IATI’s full product offering.
- Build close relationships with IATI’s private sector clients (especially Intra-African Trade Champions) as well as public sector officials in the region, providing them with the excellent service they have come to expect.
- Manage an extensive portfolio of Intra-African trade-focused clients, acting as a trusted advisor to each of them. Also, constantly adding to IATI’s portfolio by targeting prospective Intra-African Trade Champions and expanding the Bank’s share of their wallets.
- Play an active role in the design and implementation of various Intra-African trade initiatives and programmes in the respective region working with the Intra-African Trade Facilitation team.
- Structuring all intra-African trade transactions involving structured trade, supply chain finance, financial institutions, and corporate finance loans.
- Exert all efforts to help diversify the implementation and utilization of all Intra-African trade related financing products and programmes.
- Work with the Project finance product teams (limited recourse) to structure intra-African trade related-project finance loans.
- Work with the Advisory & Capital Markets team to structure intra-African Advisory and Capital Market transactions.
- Work with the Syndications Department for distributing large ticket intra-African trade deals.
- Work with the Guarantees and Specialised Finance to structure intra-African trade related transactions that required ECA support and for structuring specialized guarantee products.
- Assist in the implementation and mobilize for the widespread use of the Bank’s African Trade Gateway solutions including PAPSS, MANSA, Trade Information and Trade Regulations Portals.
- Use the services of Treasury to find solutions for clients from a funding perspective as well as derivatives to manage currency, interest rate, and price risks.
- Supervise junior staff in the Trade and Corporate Finance department and provide coaching and mentoring assistance.
- As may be delegated by Senior Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known; and
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
- Liaise with relevant departments throughout transactions’ approval chain as well as in communicating queries and feedback to clients.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 8 years.
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage workload with limited supervision to attain goals.
- Excellent written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Being able to multitask, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager | Managing Consultant
Finance, Fintech & IT
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.