Reference No. LEEBLR101
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LEEBLR101
FLUENCY in both French and English required
The Manager Treasury & Markets, Africa Resource Mobilisation is responsible for building an increasingly, diversified network of investors, including Central Banks, African Sovereign Wealth Funds, African institutions (banking, Insurance and corporates). The job holder is expected to develop and grow new partnerships especially with Central Banks and similar institutional investors and corporates, whilst strengthening existing ones through close collaboration with the Bank’s Origination and Business Development functions (Trade Finance, Syndications, Project Finance, Export Development Programs, Corporate Finance and Advisory Services) of the Bank across the African continent. The successful candidate shall be responsible for providing investors with all necessary reports and information that they will need but also by seeking and being a strong support in any initiative taken to adopt new funding institution (Equity and Debt). The role, therefore, will require a highly talented professional with second to none treasury products sales and marketing skills.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the current and future Africa – sourced funding Budget;
- Approaching and raising funds from Central Banks, Fund Managers, Institutional Investors, banks and corporates among other African entities in line with Bank’s wider strategy of diversifying its funding base;
- Developing, managing and updating the Bank’s databases to record investors’ contacts and preference information;
- Maintaining a network of Central Banks, African Institutions, Fund Managers, African corporates among other contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships;
- Coordinating Debt and Capital Market activities in targeted local markets in Africa where the Bank, as part of the wider strategy, targets to raise local currency funding;
- Contribute to key processes for the strengthening of the operational environment for Africa Resource Mobilization including updating and/or developing related implementation procedures and operational guidelines for wholesale deposits or new funding instruments; and
- Realising wholesale deposits takings in line with the Bank’s guidelines;
Communications and Marketing
- Preparing and participating in internal/external meetings, including Annual investors update Meetings, strategy meetings and resource mobilization events, Assets-Liability committee (ALCO) meetings, African Institution statutory meetings and missions;
- Conducting market research and marketing initiatives to assess priorities and identify new opportunities for resource mobilization, listing them and sharing the information with the D TRMA.
- Championing funding/investment proposal writing processes. This involves structuring, pricing and coordinating with the different business origination units and sub-committees of the Bank.
- Identifying product solutions for client needs, works with the origination function and other partners in various African countries to obtain product information, pricing, implementation contacts/process;
- Building expertise in particular regions or economic blocks: North, West, East, South in relation to funding in both hard currency and local currencies;
- Facilitating the development/ production of communication, information and knowledge sharing materials/instruments with the wider TRMA team and the Bank’s staff;
- Working closely with Strategy team to build out additional product offerings:
- Identifying priority themes and develop marketing/promotional messages, news features, case studies and other communication materials for dissemination within the Bank and Investors: and
- Helping organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions, as needed.
Investor relationship management
- Establishing and nurturing bilateral relationships of all deposit related counterparties domiciled in the African Continent;
- Managing of all relationships with African Central Banks, other deposit funding institutions and fixed income investors;
- Champion treasury roadshow arrangements with targeted African domiciled institutions;
- With the help of the D TRMA, be the ambassador of the African funding mobilisation exercises;
- Organizing events for partnership building with current and potential partners/investors;
- Ensuring all partners/investors receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
- Providing periodic and timely circulation of updated deposit pricing information to all target counterparties; and
- Sensitizing and training team members on fund raising and communications skills and strategy.
Reporting and Senior Management Responsibilities
- Analysis and reporting of progress of the Africa-focus funding Mobilisation Plan/Strategy on a periodic basis;
- Lead by example and achieve individual targets and function wider scorecard KPI’s;
- Managing the deposit-taking portfolios of the Bank and liaising with the treasury back-office team to ensure that all deposits are properly accounted for, settled and reported;
- Ensure compliance with in-country deposit regulations, treasury administrative processes and procedures;
- Ownership of the deposit portfolio contribution to the Bank’s overall weighted average cost of funds ensuring that optimal target levels set by the Bank are achieved at all times
- Any other tasks that may be assigned to you by the Director (DTRMA) Services and Senior Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
The individual will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment result measurement is key, dealing with Central Banks, Pension Funds, Insurance Companies, and large institutions including corporates in the African Continent. You must be a strong and resilient character who is result focus and a confident communicator with the ability to attract new deposit relationships, resolve issues effectively within a timely manner, all while delivering and driving exceptional levels of customer service within the Bank Deposit Guidelines. Your performance will be measured from day one with key achievements reported on a weekly basis going forward. Skill-set required for this role, among others, include:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a leading University in either Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position plus a post graduate degree in a relevant field.
- A relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage (e.g. AMCT, ACI, CPT);
- Relevant experience of at least 8 years
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of relevant product sales and marketing experience in the financial services industry in the African environment;
- Ability to make decision in a fast moving environment like international capital market and to negotiate with counterparties.
- Good Excel skills and very strong financial modeling skills required;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Bi-lingual with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals; and
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 19th January 2022
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lise Kotze at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
CA Global – Finance