Reference No. FDSBLR017
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Afrexim Insurance Management Company (AfrexInsure) is a 100% owned subsidiary of Afreximbank. The company is licensed by the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius as an Insurance Manager to offer specialty insurance management services in Africa.
Reference Number: FDSBLR017
Responsible for developing and executing high quality business development strategies. Plays a leading role in building the AfrexInsure franchise through quality and efficient delivery to customers and working with key stakeholders such as risk carriers, regulators, brokers, local primary insurers among others. Provides strong leadership and supervision of business development team in order to deliver desired customer experiences while meeting set targets.
- Communicate with insurance carriers regarding renewals.
- Responsible for the Business development strategy for AfrexInsure and its execution.
- Develop a clear roadmap and plan for Business development and customer acquisition.
- Responsible for developing strategic marketing and sales plan.
- Hiring, development, training and supervision of customer experience and customer acquisition team.
- Prepare and manage annual budgets to achieve set objectives and targets of sales and customer experience.
- Work closely with Afreximbank Client Relations team and other Business origination teams to acquire business and ensure smooth interface with the bank and in giving customers a good experience.
- Perform the required marketing and business development activities of the company including but not limited to:
- Product development and sourcing new insurance/ reinsurance capacity as required and in line with client needs and prevailing market developments.
- Develop appropriate business and marketing plans with clear implementation strategy in line with the company’s objectives.
- Identify and develop relationship with existing and potential insurance partners considering African experience to increase insurance capacity required to promote the business objectives of AfrexInsure.
- Lead and perform various tasks relating to the transactional value chain. These include but are not limited to:
- Assess insureds background information and financial status
- Liaise with specialist to gather information and opinions
- Review insurance applications for compliance and adherence
- Collate relevant risk information for presentation to (re)insurers
- Collect background information and assessments of risk
- Attend insured office/site visits as and when required
- Canvass market and obtain capacity to provide coverage as required
- Gather requirements from Insurance Companies
- Review insureds paperwork and check for missing/inadequate data
- Prepare insurance terms and conditions
- Review and advise on insurance clauses
- Negotiate pricing
- Negotiate wordings and bespoke clauses ensuring insured needs are met.
- Negotiate and define specific terms of insurance with carriers and insureds
- Follow applicable insurance laws
- Verify the particulars between the quote, proposal as well as policy
- Authenticating and evaluating the adjustments asked by insureds
- Oversee the role of fronting insurers to ensure local policy issue, premium collection, and premium transfer
- Keep track of insurance renewals in advance
- Send out regular reminders to policyholders
- Take requests regarding renewals
- Confirm bound policy details
- Finalise all outstanding policy matters
- Work closely with the Afreximbank Communication team in the design of marketing materials including website, logos, and publications.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing, Management, or related field from a reputable university. A professional qualification in Finance, Banking, Risk management, Insurance, Accounting, International Trade Finance, or related disciplines may be accepted in lieu of the of the master’s degree.
- Sound experience of at least 10 years with a leading financial services organization in the field of customer service or marketing coupled with familiarity with some of the major products of Afreximbank, including trade finance, trade finance related products, project finance, export development etc.
- At least 10 years’ experience in dealing with insurance products and good understanding of the African insurance market, with proven background in business development, leading a team and insurance transaction execution.
- Knowledge of and experience in insurance including African Specialty insurance.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting including knowledge of the workings of the main segments of African project and export finance markets, specialty insurance, (re)insurance and other risk mitigation markets.
- Leadership skills: Ability to organize and direct the activities of customer experience representatives to ensure delivery of high-quality service to customers and to achieve goals and set targets.
- Lead a team of business development professionals and be able to motivate and inspire them.
- Establish, build and manage relationships with underwriters and (re)insurance markets.
- Demonstrate ability to build, nurture and manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel extensively and work long hours when required in order to achieve set objectives.
- Good knowledge of African economies and financial and insurance markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Afreximbank and Afrexinsure’s other working languages (French, Arabic, and Portuguese) is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of the rules and regulations governing insurance internationally and especially African insurance.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, (re)insurance companies, corporates, and governments to represent AfrexInsure in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences.
- Sales, marketing and negotiating skills.
- 12 Month Contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance
|Job Category||Banking & Insurance|