Let's find out where you can grow your career
Afreximbank: Senior Manager, Client Relations (Non-Regional) – Cairo, Egypt
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website . Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR035
Reference Number: RSBBLR035
- The position holder will be required to implement the Bank’s strategy as set by senior management, overseeing and coordinating all technical specialists and people matters and deputizing the Global Head and Director of Client Relations when required;
- The position holder will be expected to supervise Client Relations Managers and Associates and manage the most complex client portfolios, non-regional and transactions, acting as an escalation point for all technical queries;
- The position holder will also be required to identify the Bank’s non-regional key/core customers and draw up the annual strategic and marketing plans for the geographic region and lead the implementation of the plans for the achievement of the Bank's objectives in these areas;
- Manages a portfolio of clients with deliberate cultivation based on proactive individualized plans. These plans would be developed in coordination with the product teams and should be designed to increase cross selling and client engagement;
- Ensures the regional service coverage is customer centric and provides an impeccable client service to each client or government organization. This includes timely turn around in terms of responses to client inquiries;
- Leads non regional Client Relations team members to accomplish functional goals to ensure high level client service. This includes coaching team members;
- Deal team coordination across the Bank’s products and geographies;
- Generate bankable leads through anticipating customer needs and finding out what information, products, or services the customer requires to meet his/her needs, providing clear, accurate and relevant information;
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of client portfolios / products with the Bank;
- Resolving customers’ queries within agreed authority;
- Reviewing call reports produced by team members and ensuring there is follow-up action conducted;
- Sales activity planning, including reviewing existing customer files to identify sales opportunities;
- Undertaking commercial negotiations;
- Managing new business pitches;
- Compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organisational policies, and professional codes;
- Preparation of an annual Regional Strategic and Marketing Plans derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Leading implementation of marketing plans as approved by the Bank and actively securing mandates and business in the region;
- Implementing strategies for entering various segments of the trade finance market and investment banking in the region;
- Evaluating and reviewing new business Pre-Assessment Memos and Credit Proposals from the region, Product teams and Head Office and making recommendations on the same to Director Client Relations;
- Representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known;
- Maintaining and improving the Bank’s image across the continent; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking;
- Sound experience of at least 10 years with a leading financial services organisation and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing, and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.