Reference No. SRBLR-JUR-Niger
CA Global Headhunters has been mandated by the African Solidarity Fund based in Niamey, Niger to recruit for the above mentioned position. For more information on the African Solidarity Fund please visit their website www.fondsolidariteafricain.org. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position, please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-JUR-Niger
Nature & Scope:
Under the supervision of the Director of Legal Affairs and Risks, the Legal Officer has the following main missions:
- Provide legal advice, suggestions, engage in consultations and monitoring.
- Preparation of various documents and deeds.
- Management and monitoring of litigation.
- Recovery of disputed debts.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide legal advice and draft various legal acts including guarantee, refinancing, interest rate subsidy, and fund management agreements on behalf of third parties.
- Manage litigation in conjunction with the Fund's Lawyers, including the recovery of disputed debts.
- Rigorously monitor relations with the legal and litigation departments of the financial partners as well as the Fund's legal assistants (Notaries, Lawyers, and all other enforcement agents).
- Carry out legal monitoring and set up various dashboards, tools, and procedures.
- Contribute to the structuring of operations subjected to interventions by the Fund in orderto properly circumscribe all legal risks.
- Notify the Fund's intervention and carry out due diligence for the formalization of agreements.
- Monitor the implementation of agreements to ensure better execution of contractual clauses.
- Process execution of guarantees and monitor the portfolio of litigious engagements.
- Ensure the compliance of contractual acts with the basic texts of the FSA and the legal provisions in force.
- Ensure the quality and adequacy of the securities and reimbursement mechanisms to be put in place in return for the Fund's commitments.
- Contribute to the development and review of the basic texts of the Institution (Headquarters Agreement, Statutes of the Fund, Procedures, etc.), as well as Staff Regulations and other texts;
- Contribute to ratification processes;
- Execute all other tasks entrusted by the hierarchy.
Required Qualifications and Areas of Competence:
The candidate must have at least a Master’s degree in Private Law, Business Law and have followed professional training as a lawyer or magistrate. He/she must have significant professional experience as a Business Lawyer or Commercial Judge. Adegree in a Common Law system will be anasset.
Skills required for the position:
The desired candidate must:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the African Solidarity Fund : Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal or Togo
- Have at least 7 years of proven experience in the legal world or in a reputable business law firm, with a strong emphasis on economic, financial and commercial law;
- Have a thorough knowledge of Common Law;
- Be familiar with the Civil Law system and have significant professional experience in both legal aspects(Civil Law and Common Law);
- Have exceptional drafting and negotiation skills, and be able to draft complex legal documents in French and English, without supervision;
- Master banking regulations;
- Have high ethical standards, a strong sense of responsibility and a commitment to achieve results;
- Have the ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to quickly identify and clearly articulate complex legal issues and provide succinct, practical and accurate legal advice;
- Be endowed with interpersonal and communication skills;
- Have a perfect command of computer tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access;
- Be perfectly bilingual (English and French) both written and spoken, proficiency in any other working language of the African Union being an asset;
- Permanent position
- Willing and able to relocate to Niamey, Niger
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org before 31/12/2022
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.