Let's find out where you can grow your career
Area Manager (Earthmoving Equipment / Mining / Sales/ Trackless Machinery / Forecasts) – Northern Cape, South Africa
014 0318 (SV)
March 18, 2022
Reference Number: 014 0318 (SV)
Our client is a leading OEM who requires an Area Manager for the Northern Cape Area. Plan, direct, and monitor the activities of a sales team within a specified geography to achieve established sales targets.
- Manage a team of front-line sales staff, actively involved in the field with salespeople and customers.
- May also have own sales territory or portfolio of customers for which they serve as the designated salesperson, in some cases assigned to manage specific distributor relationships.
- Manage Rock Tools Cost Per Metre (CPM) contracts ensuring that monthly drill rate adjustments and provision calculations are adhered to.
- Play the hybrid sales or relationship management/manager role.
- Establish sales goals in own geography via effective management of the assigned sales team, and by maintaining an active presence with customers in the market.
- Review and monitor sales performance periodically and refine sales strategy as required by management.
- Take accountability for management of budgets and forecasts (including A&S costs).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diploma/Degree in Mining Engineering, Business Administration or Business Economics
- At least 4 years middle management experience
- At least 3 years mining operations experience
- At least 2 years sales experience
- Experience in trackless underground/surface mining environment
- Strong stock management skills
- Solid budget forecast process knowledge and experience
- Business English proficiency
- Entrepreneurial business experience
- Physical & medical ability to serve in an underground mining environment
- Valid driver’s license
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- May be required to travel extensively.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.