Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising clients on a wide range of matters, with a particular focus on Mergers & Acquistions. Associates work in a collegiate environment, for a range of partners, and can expect a good variety of work.
- Associates are given regular and direct contact with clients, with a culture based on associates being given the level of responsibility they are ready for, rather than a PQE based method of work allocation.
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market and sector requirements in order to ensure advice is relevant and commercial.
- There are regular opportunities for secondments with clients. Posting to other offices under the firm's associate transfer program is also a possibility.
- Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the firm and seeking opportunities for new work.
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of junior lawyers’ work and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials
- English law qualified
- Experience working cross borders as well as local counsel experience
- Current experience in the M&A department of a leading firm
- 6 years’ relevant experience
- First rate technical skills needed to support the client work of the department
- Commerciality and demonstrable business development experience