Reference No. SRBR-ASI-001
Our banking client is currently recruiting an Associate OR Senior Associate, Investment for their Fund Investment division, reporting to the Head of Investment. The candidate will be expected to support the business in originating, executing & monitoring transactions in relation to capital expansion plans and trade finance for sovereigns & sub-sovereigns, and medium-to-large corporate companies across Africa, with the goal of delivering bespoke credit solutions to clients whilst minimising credit losses. The individual should be bilingual (French/English) and should have experience in analysing corporate balance sheets and in executing corporate and trade finance transactions.
- Support origination and management of new clients and opportunities across Africa.
- Pitch, structure, negotiate, market, execute and close transactions.
- Assist in client coverage and management of key accounts.
- Support management of transaction processes from origination to closing, including engagement with legal and financial advisors in the analysis for such transactions.
- Work with other team members in Investments and colleagues across the organization to process the administration of each transaction as it goes through the approval process.
- Build/Develop/Review and investigate key aspects of financial models (including financial analysis, pricing, valuation, and other business decision making models) to evaluate the financial viability of transactions.
- Support executing tasks encompassing technical review of all projects (infrastructure related) projects.
- Develop presentations and proposals (including “pitch books”) to new and existing clients.
- Prepare transactions documents (engagement letters, proposals, presentations, Information Memorandums, term sheets, valuations etc.) for transactions being contemplated by the bank
- Undertake transaction related research and analysis on prospective clients and companies to identify financial trends and issues as well as provide a sound basis for investment decisions
- Conduct financial analysis and risk assessment on project proposals, including developing and interpreting financial models and financial statements.
- Participate in deal meetings and assist in maintaining client relationships
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A first degree from a recognised university.
- Strong mathematical aptitude. CFA/Accounting/other related qualification is an added advantage.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related field of study, will be advantageous.
- 6 to 8 years professional experience preferably in related investment banking – deal origination and execution.
- Proficient in transaction modelling and understanding of transaction structures.
- Excellent self-management skills.
- Bilingual (oral, reading, writing): English & French is mandatory
- Highly proficient in the development of Microsoft Excel financial models and analysis as well as development and review of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for marketing purposes (pitchbooks).
- A good understanding of the technical and financial aspects related to the review of sovereigns & corporates seeking term and trade finance.
- Ability to respond to issues associated with risk assessment of investments and drive transactions through the investment approval process
- Ability to write credit and investment memoranda.
- Ability to negotiate Term Sheets and participate in negotiations of facility and investment agreements
- Strong quantitative analysis and problem solving skills.
- Well developed communication and business writing skills, power of persuasion as well as the ability to interface directly and effectively with senior officers of wide range of potential clients
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with transactions involving the use of the following:
- guarantees and instruments for tenor elongation.
- political risk insurance, export credits, etc.
- complex structures such as credit linked notes and asset/commodity backed loans, etc.
- Solid communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in writing and speaking English and French is mandatory.
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice
- Team player with the potential to take the lead on transactions
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 Year renewable employment contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nigeria, Lagos.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Banking, Finance, Legal and Insurance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.