Let's find out where you can grow your career
Associate, Project Development (Origination / Project Development / Infrastructure Investments) – Lagos, Nigeria
December 6, 2021
Reference Number: SRBAPD
Our banking client is currently recruiting an Associate, Project Development for their Investment division. The incumbent will be expected to conduct analysis, process project development transactions and in addition build relationships and support origination efforts in the development and management of the full spectrum of the companies infrastructure investment activities within Africa and across asset classes (project development, equity, debt and trade finance).
Deal Execution Support
- Support executing tasks encompassing technical review of infrastructure projects including preparation of project development plans, schedules and budgets
- Prepare transaction documents (engagement letters, proposals, presentations, Information Memorandums and Investment Memorandums, etc.) for transactions being contemplated by the company
- Participate in deal meetings as well as help maintain client relationships
- Advise on new approaches, procedures and techniques to improve the quality of execution of projects across the continent.
- Post deal approval, develop terms of reference for consultant selection including managing the onbarding process
- Collaborate with other divisions for deal origination and execution
Research and Analysis
- Undertake research and analysis on prospective clients/ strategic partners including EPC contractors, target countries, etc to enable guide sound judgement for engagement and investment decisions.
- Conduct technical analysis and risk assessment on project proposals, including developing and reviewing financial models.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients.
- Provide administrative support with respect to processing infrastructure projects across the continent spanning various sectors (transport, power, mining, heavy industries and oil & gas).
- Prepare terms of references and support the procurement of technical, market and insurance consultants to support the appraisal and due diligence on projects being considered for investment by the company
- Oversee the work of the technical, market and insurance consultants and administer their respective contracts
- Participate in missions to countries in concert with project teams to provide guidance on technical and operational aspects of transactions.
Deal Origination Support
- Support origination of suitable projects for the company financing including the formulation, preparation and appraisal of new concepts.
- Support management of transaction processes from origination to closing, including engagement with technical and financial advisors in the analysis for such transactions.
- Work with other team members in Investments Division and colleagues across the organization to process and administer each transaction as it goes through the approval process.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A strong first degree in engineering, finance, law, business or related disciplines from a recognised university
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, or a related field of study.
- Relevant certifications related to project management
- 4 to 8 years professional experience preferably in infrastructure development related activities.
- Proficient in transaction modelling and understanding of transaction structures.
- Excellent client origination and management skills.
- Previous professional experience or training in research, financial analysis and presentations
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in English and French is required).
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice
- Team player mentality with the potential to take the lead on transactions
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 Year renewable employment contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nigeria, Lagos.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
- Highly proficient in the development and review of Microsoft Projects for the development of project schedules and budgets.
- Ability to develop presentations for marketing purposes (pitchbooks)and proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint • Ability to review project finance models in Mircosoft Excel and proficeiency in Microsoft Work.
- A good understanding of the technical aspects related to the review of infrastructure projects.
- Ability to respond to issues associated with risk assessment of investments and drive transactions through the investment approval process.
- Good experience in result-based project management.
- Ability to negotiate key aspects of term sheets and participate in negotiations of facility and investment agreements.
- Strong quantitative analysis and problem solving skills.
If you wish to apply for the position please follow the application link.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.