Associate / Senior Associate, Product Solutions (Originating / Capital Expansion / Trade Finance) – Lagos, Nigeria
Reference No. SRBRASAPS
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Associate / Senior Associate, Product Solutions for their Fund Investment division. The incumbent will be expected to support the business in originating and executing transactions covering capital expansion plans, trade finance for sovereigns & sub-sovereigns, and medium-to-large corporate companies across Africa. The goal is to deliver bespoke credit solutions to clients whilst minimising credit losses. The individual is expected to demonstrate experience of transactions that involves the use of structured instruments such as guarantees and instruments for tenor elongation, political risk insurance, export credits, credit linked notes and asset/commodity backed loans, etc.
- Support origination and management of new clients and opportunities across Africa.
- Pitch, structure, negotiate, market, execute and close transactions.
- Assist in client coverage and management of key accounts.
- Support management of transaction processes from origination to closing, as well as engagement with technical and financial advisors in the analysis of such transactions.
- Work with collegues in Investments and across the organization to process the administration of transactions through the approval process.
- Build/Develop/Review and investigate key aspects of financial models (including financial analysis, pricing, valuation, and other business decision making models) to evaluate the financial viability of transactions.
- Support execution tasks covering technical review of all projects (infrastructure related) projects.
- Develop presentations and proposals (including “pitch books”) to new and existing clients.
- Prepare transactions documents (engagement letters, proposals, presentations, Information Memorandums, term sheets, valuations etc.) for transactions being contemplated by The business
- Undertake transaction related research and analysis, covering prospective clients and companies in order to identify financial trends and issues as well as provide a sound basis for investment decisions
- Conduct financial analysis/ risk assessment on project proposals by developing and interpreting financial models and financial statements.
- Participate in deal meetings and support client relationship management.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A strong first degree in finance/accounting/mathematics/engineering/economics/ from a recognised university
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or a related field of study, will be advantageous.
- Relevant certifications related to finance and/ or project management
- CFA is an added advantage
- 4 to 8 years professional experience preferably in related investment banking – deal origination and execution.
- Proficient in transaction modelling and understanding of transaction structures.
- Excellent client origination and management skills.
- Previous professional experience or training in research, financial analysis and presentations
- Solid communication and writing skills.
- Fluency in writing and speaking English is mandatory.
- French and/or Portuguese, will be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 Year renewable employment contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nigeria, Lagos.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.