BD & Technology Superintendent (Mining / Automation / PLC / Software / Hardware) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference No. 266 11 RR
Our client, an Mining Group in SA, is seeking an BD & Technology Superintendent who will drive and support the on-site design, installation, and implementation of mine automation, instrumentation, and networks, aligned to the mine digitalization strategy with the primary objective being the automation and process control of beneficiation plants and underground mines.
- Drive automation and control projects in line with digital transformation initiatives.
- Install and maintain underground and surface OT network infrastructure.
- Maintain relevant design documentation to as-built status.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging control system infrastructure to support digital transformation initiatives.
- Provide input and guidance where control system hardware and software changes at Business Units are required.
- Adhere to the management of change process to ensure the impact of changes are assessed and documented.
- Clearly define scope of work, milestones, and expected outcomes for contracted work.
- Accurately evaluate delivered work for completeness and performance against specifications and standards.
- Interface with business units and external contractors with regards to implementation of automation projects on mining operations.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to establish how process control system can be utilised to aid in achieving their objectives.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence.
- Develop capabilities within the section.
- Keep abreast of new mining technologies, standards and methods.
- Engagement with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture.
- Identify and assess level of issue-based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Eng./BSc; BTech (Engineering. – Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical) Degree
- 6 years’ automation experience, preferably 2 years’ managerial experience
- Understanding of PLC, Networks and Fieldbus protocols
- Understand the role of Front-end loading/ Pre-project planning in Capital projects
- Understand the principles of the mine to smelter value chain, and the impact of process control system software can have on the interlinked processes.
- Analysing problems or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Siemens PCS 7
- Process Data Historians (OSIsoft PI)
- Knowledge of Mining Processes
- Knowledge of ISA S88/S95, 99, and 18.2 standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of PLC, Networks and Fieldbus protocols
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of Siemens PCS 7 including software standards migration
- Demonstrate an understanding of formal software development lifecycles
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment
- South African Citizens are encouraged to apply
- Senior level role
- Corporate office (Gauteng)
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.