Reference No. DS_BID001
Reference Number: DS_BID001
Duration: Fixed term – 5 Month Contract
A national client based in Western Cape is looking for a well experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Developer that will be responsible for the planning, design, development, and delivery of BI solutions to support the organisation’s data and analytic services and business strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for ongoing improvement and Incident management to ensure daily data loads and report delivery.
- Liaise with the BI analyst to understand the domain and problem.
- Develop and enhance existing or new reporting /business intelligence solutions.
- Provide support in planning, development, and execution of code to incorporate data into the data warehouse, and update reporting deliverables for business intelligence solutions.
- Production support of all reporting, business intelligence, environment, and data platform solutions.
- Data cleaning, preparation, and transformation of all sources of data incorporated into the business intelligence solution.
- Apply appropriate analysis and modelling to answer the business questions. Interpret the patterns and relationships mined from the data, validate the data model and results.
- Develop, analyze, modify processes, data structures and models.
- Support end users and error management of BI solutions.
- Ensure that quality reports are delivered within agreed timeframe.
- Present findings to BI team and stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Influence the decision-making process.
- Find innovative solutions to the business problem presented.
- Ensure that all projects are completed within agreed timeframe.
- 4-5 years BI ETL development experience of a variety of BI applications for web and desktop.
- Minimum of B degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Informatics, or IT
- BI certification is advantageous
- ITIL qualification advantageous
- Microsoft BI certification is advantageous
- Experience with OLAP and Enterprise Reporting tools/systems like Tabular Cubes and, Power BI
- Substantial Data design, systems design experience in a BI environment
- Solid working experience in SSRS, SSIS, SSAS (multidimensional and / Tabular)
- SQL data transformation and data warehousing experience on premise and cloud
- Experience in agile methodology (SCRUM)
- Experience in Master data systems (MDS and DQS) or equivalent
- An understanding of Machine learning, predictive analytics
- Knowledge of applicable legislation
- Knowledge of POPIA
- Project management principles
- IT Change control principles
- Data Governance principles
- Ralph Kimball Data modelling methodology
- Data Quality principles