Let's find out where you can grow your career
Business Analyst (Analysis/Solution/Recommendations) – Cape Town, South Africa
October 22, 2021
Reference Number: DS_BA002
Duration: 2 years fixed-term contract
The incumbent will be responsible for partnering with the internal and external stakeholders to determine requirements and recommend solutions to address the complex business problems of the organization and industry. He/she will conduct business analysis and interpret business needs to the ICT Team. The business analyst must also ensure that a high level of continuous improvement focus is embedded in the SDLC process.
- Analysis and Solution Definition
- Identify business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry.
- Identify organization’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Create business requirements specification
- Develop user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Solution Design
- Providing progress reports
- Ensures that issues are identified, tracked, recorded and resolved in a timely manner
- Develop Non-functional requirements like system performance and fault tolerance
- Address all audit findings and ensure corrective action is being taken. Provide regular status updates on these, as required
- Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Reviews test plans to ensure test coverage addresses acceptance criteria
- Reviews testing and signs off
- Works with the Test Manager to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with Product Owner and other stakeholders to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Internal Operations
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes
- Document processes, where required
- propose areas possible solutions
- Project Execution
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Communicated and applied DevSecOps standards.
- Execute tasks in accordance with project schedule.
- Delivered high-quality services to all stakeholders.
- Client Management
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Facilitates internal teams/task forces & Communication
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivered informative, well-organized presentations.
- Difficult/sensitive information communicated tactfully.
- Supports the project manager
- Innovator Development
- Conducts effective progress evaluations
- Sought and participated in development opportunities in addition to required training
- Trains other innovators through both formal and informal training programs.
- Mentored those with less experience through informal channels.
- Update business analysis documentation with enhancements and changes to business analysis methodologies, tools on the Wiki
- Keep up to date with changes and enhancements in business analysis and apply these to possibilities
- Minimum 3-year Tertiary qualification in ICT or related discipline
- Relevant certifications in Business Analysis
- 5+ years’ in a complex technology environment doing business analysis and system analysis
- 3+ years’ experience in Project Management Business Case development and SDLC design
- 5+ years of experience in IT Mobile computing (Mobile infrastructure development/administration)
- Experience working on API integration projects, software upgrades, architecture changes, infrastructure and implementation of new components
- Experience of working with security design principles.
- Experience in working with SQL
- Experience in Azure DevOps Services
- Experience in working with APIs and Web-based applications
- Experience in mobile applications
- Coordination and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislation
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database, business intelligence and system design.
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture
- Knowledge of legacy and web-based systems interface with each other
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience in Agriculture industry
- Experience in testing
- Knowledge of the latest Business Analysis practices
- Knowledge of Software Development governance frameworks and standards e.g. COBIT, ITIL, DevSecOps, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)