Let's find out where you can grow your career
Business Analyst (Business Processes / Financial Services)- Johannesburg, South Africa
May 31, 2022
Reference Number: LEEFDS14
Our client within the financial services space is seeking a Business Analyst to establish a proper operational support structure to ensure that support can be delivered “In-Country” and on-site through partnership and Service Level Agreements (“SLA’s”).
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, technology and support partners both internally and externally.
- Identify operational improvers that will enhance the control and performance of the companies operating across Africa and identify new technologies to underpin the solution to those needs.
- Establish a proper operational support structure to ensure that support can be delivered “In-Country” and on-site through partnership and Service Level Agreements (“SLA’s”).
- Analyse requirements and recommend system controls and protocols.
- Maintain responsibility for system implementation and development.
- Control and coordinate the development and integration of systems with various internal and external partners, including delivery to budgets and timelines.
- Workflow re-engineering of business processes.
- Testing of systems and workflow.
- Identify current business processes, document them and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Perform business analysis to identify issues of concern and formulate a course of action.
- Support teams in the implementation of process improvement recommendations, including analysis and tracking.
- Make presentations to all levels of the organisation.
- Gather, compile, analyse and document information regarding business processes.
- Work closely with business units and other project team members to understand business, design and functional requirements that drive quality and overall business improvement.
- Business Process required:
- Obtain full knowledge and awareness of the current operating environment, being the manual, as well as system based, procedures. This must be documented and a functional knowledge of the business must be built up during this stage.
- Recommend and support process improvements to the silo. Importantly this is inclusive of operating procedures, software specification and functionality, and is not limited only to technical system elements.
- Review business environment requirements and source new applications or software that supports these needs. There should be a strong bias towards mobile/web-based solutions.
- Engage with current management for potential improvements and the growth path for the business.
- Define, lead and implement the Business Intelligence (“BI”) framework model for the Group to provide the operations and management with adequate reporting tools.
- Additionally, using the industry knowledge built up in points a – e above, independently recommend business and system improvements (functionality, software and / or potential new business lines for the silo to consider).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor’s Degree (such as a BSc Computer Science or Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting & Finance or in Business Management).
- Two years relevant, working experience in a reporting or similar role.
- Previous experience within Financial Services will be highly advantageous.
- Extensive experience in supporting financial systems, with specific focus on business process and reporting.
- IT knowledge is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the job.
- Ability to gain technical knowledge on key systems quickly.
- Ability to work in a structured and disciplined manner, finding permanent solutions to problems and challenges when they present.
- Challenge the status quo in order to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practices.
- Ability to extract relevant information from users and convert it into technical executables.
- Apply a systematic and logical approach in order to achieve accurate results.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve meaningful results.
- Ability to analyse information, pick up inaccuracies and take corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Ability to facilitate communication between technology vendors, internal Group IT and Business users is vital.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
CA Banking, IT, Insurance, Legal & Finance