Let's find out where you can grow your career
Business Development Manager (Renewable Energy / Sales / Solar PV / Strategy / Growth ) – Cape Town, South Africa
184 06 22 MNW
June 7, 2022
Reference Number: 184 06 22 MNW
Our client, a leading African renewable energy solutions provider, is seeking a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for the overall strategy and development of new Solar PV project opportunities, as well as closing on deals and exceeding expected targets. Furthermore, they are seeking an experienced and well-connected Business Development Manager who will drive the project pipeline in South Africa and Africa. The ideal incumbent will have technical knowledge of Solar PV technologies, as well as the design elements and cost structuring of projects from >300kWp upwards, and the ability to carefully listen to client needs, identify opportunities using your intuitive ability, creatively present solutions whilst developing and maintaining strong networks.
- Manage the project development team which includes land, environmental and technical personnel in order to
- Develop sales strategy and drive execution there of
- Develop sales opportunities for renewable energy solutions focusing medium to large C&I projects
- Manage internal team and/or customers to develop an optimized technical solution for a renewable energy project
- Lead client contract negotiations.
- Develop sales with new and existing accounts in assigned areas to meet business targets.
- Develop competitive strategies to sales objectives and maintain knowledge of competitor activity.
- Provide input on the business plan to ensure sales sustainability.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with customers and influencers within the industry
- Building solid relationships with clients, vendors and distributors, as well as sales and marketing teams.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Directing marketing efforts by presenting market research to marketing directors and suggesting strategies to expand market research.
- Assessing marketing and sales as well as client operations and recommending improvements as needed.
- Preparing all documentation required for requests for proposals.
- Researching emerging trends and recommending new company offerings to satisfy client’s needs.
- Developing and managing strategic partnerships to grow business.
- Presenting business or marketing opportunities to company executives and management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar role would be ideal
- Technical/Engineering degree or similar qualification is preferred
- Renewable Energy sales experience
- Willingness to travel
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.