Business Development & Sales Capability Manager (Sales / Downstream / Fuels / Lubricants / Marketing)
The role of the BD is to support the generation and development of new business opportunities and to build market position by locating, developing, negotiating and closing business relationships. The incumbent is responsible for the sector specific business growth, covering potential customers for the base and strategic partnership offers. Must be highly experienced in revenue generation, specializing in one of the identified sectors, the Business Development Manager is to penetrate competitive accounts and win market share.
- Develop new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for the company, to an agreed annual target of revenue.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Review quality of leads
- Ensure prospects are followed through
- Managing and maintaining a pipeline and ensuring all sales administration is current using CRM
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following company’s procedures.
- A thorough understanding of clients marketing objectives including their Return On Investment (ROI) objectives
- Leading and coordinating response to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner
- Facilitate contract signing (including document control) for new customers and avoid delays
- Generate a standard template to be used by Business Development teams
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A post graduate degree majoring in Marketing/Sales and Commerce
- At least 8 years of experience with a demonstrable track record and skills/experience in Sales, Marketing and Capability development
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels.
- Expert negotiating and influencing skills.
- Innovative with entrepreneurial flair.
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence.
- Commercially astute and customer focused.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a high-quality service.
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to prioritize, demonstrating first class organizational skills and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.