Let's find out where you can grow your career
Business Improvement Manager (Mining / BI / ROI / Business Performance) – Northern Cape
Southern Africa#Central Africa
June 22, 2021
Reference Number: 115 RR
This position is responsible for the delivery of Business Improvement (BI) opportunities (operational, production, cost and safety), through the application of proven BI methodologies, processes and tools. The role plays an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change across the business, through the creation and embedding of BI methodologies to deliver improved business performance.
- Identifying business improvement initiatives across operational sites with quantifiable return on investment analysis
- Present BI initiatives to relevant stakeholders for approval
- Drive BI standards across all operational sites through ongoing engagement with Contract Managers and site teams
- Continuously review and monitor progress of BI initiatives
- Obtain support from relevant HODs to remove obstacles to BI project implementation to avoid implementation failure
- Implement Results Actions Review (RAR) meetings and coach line managers on conducting RARs and holding others to account
- Initiate value-adding, well-structured Idea Generation Sessions (IGS) that ensure the sustainability of the Ideas Pipeline
- Formally validate and sign off all ideas through the stage gates of the Ideas Pipeline
- Ensure day to day management of the broader BI team and identified BI Champions through the optimal allocation of resources across contract sites
- Develop and implement an effective result tracking system and conduct regular assessments of contract sites’ improvement in performance
- Provide effective and timely performance feedback to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide oversight and ensure coordination for implementation of improvement ideas
- Ensure that the BI team and BI Champions have all the information they require to perform their role and that adequate and efficient communication processes exist
- Support implementation of ideas through regular discussion with idea owners through using problem solving, technical fixes, checking measures/tracking techniques and processes
- Regularly provide feedback to the Exco team and senior managers on initiatives identified
- Champion the adoption of a BI System (software application) implementation
- Ensure BI projects deliver to agreed targets and efficiency metrics
- Measure the Return on Investment (ROI) of initiatives and systems implemented.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary qualification (as a minimum)
- Qualification in Business Improvement or related discipline (desirable).
- 5-10 years’ experience in mining and/or contract mining environment.
- Experience of hands-on implementation of business improvement programs and Lean solutions
- Experience in designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues and track a monitor / measure projects through to successful closure.
- Lean 6 Sigma experience
- Understanding of mining and or contract mining business processes
- Sound understanding of financial models and financial metrics
- Provide guidance to relevant operations staff on BI implementation by relying on knowledge of contract mining operating environment, procedures, change management etc
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead BI workshop sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. experience of process/value stream mapping)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Management opportunity within a reputable organization
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.