Buyer (Procurement/ Logistics/ EPCM) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference No. 019 1705 OT
Reference Number: 019 1705 OT
Our client, an EPCM, is seeking a buyer, to report to the Procurement & Logistics Manager, who will be responsible for purchasing, expediting, transport logistics, freight schedules, maintaining procedures and information reporting for allocated purchasing.
- Perform all dealings with clients, suppliers, manufacturers and freight company personnel professionally, ethically and efficiently, to ensure the highest possible service levels.
- Communicate openly, professionally, ethically and efficiently at all times with all internal customers to ensure that the highest customer service level is achieved.
- Adhere to the various project specific and company procedures, work practices, plans, systems and protocols required to work efficiently, and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Responsible and accountable for all expediting and logistics functions as directed by the Procurement & Logistics Manager or Senior Buyer/Procurement Officer.
- Ensure all assigned purchasing processes are followed strictly in accordance with documented and authorised company procedures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualification in a purchasing discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in purchasing, expediting, transport and logistics disciplines, in mining, minerals, engineering, or construction industries.
- Projects experience with demonstrable procurement, purchasing, expediting, cost control, and transport and logistics knowledge.
- A sound knowledge of international and local purchasing practices; local tendering and contract laws regulations and practices; freight laws, regulations and practices together with domestic transporting practices and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to own and prioritise.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Consultant – Latin American
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.