CFO / Finance Executive - (Banking / Insurance / Wealth Management) – Gauteng
- Communicate and engage with Group CFO to obtain and confirm key financial reporting messages.
- Communicate with and engage Cluster CFO's and divisional Financial Officers to resolve issues and outputs. Communicate with and engage with external auditors to ensure the execution of their audit plan.
- Engage with internal stakeholders by participating in CFO's forum, OPCOM and other forums, committees or boards. Align key messages to ensure consistency.
- Ensure strategic partnerships by monitoring key expectations of internal and external stakeholders and building long-term relationships.
- Consult and engage with internal stakeholders to prioritise needs and ensure strategic alignment.
- Promote a healthy culture by being a values driven leader and strategic business partner and building trusting relations with all stakeholders.
- Maintain the image of the bank.
- Drive the implementation of innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- Drive the required change intervention to deliver on solutions implemented to ensure ROI.
- Keep abreast of new developments and best practice in strategy, business planning and execution to ensure reciprocal returns
- Drive corporate citizenship.
- Develop, introduce and measure a strategy to build a differentiated culture of improvement.
- Meet business objectives.
- Ensure accuracy by reviewing and monitoring the financial information, financial consolidation process, and financial reporting process.
- Ensure compliance.
- Monitor and control IFRS related projects to ensure future compliance and enhance financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain financial controls over the financial reporting process.
- Provide continuous input to optimise Cluster financial reporting process.
- Meet financial objectives.
- Ensure effective implementation by developing, guiding and facilitating the strategies and plans.
- Meet objectives by translating strategic insight into a Group Strategy in association with core team, internal business partners and strategic external suppliers.
- Ensure value added results for the Wealth Cluster by partnering with stakeholders to consolidate and deliver on all business requirements.
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting at a Cluster level.
- Store and maintain Group financial reporting information. Provide Group view to stakeholders.
- Provide appropriate leadership, guidance, development and coaching to the team to achieve business objectives. Ensure team is staffed with the right capabilities and competence to improve team effectiveness.
- Assist the team in overcoming barriers to effective performance in divisions.
- Manage retention and succession of key staff.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Chartered Accountant
- Professional Qualifications/Honours Degree
- 6 - 12 years’ experience within Financial Services Industry - preferably banking, investment, insurance and wealth management experience.