Reference No. JAWI005
Reference Number: JAWI005
Our client within the FMCG Sector is looking for an innovative CFO. The CFO will be responsible for driving
profitability, statutory, commercial, and plant activity for the company along with spearheading multiple projects for
the company. You will be part of the Executive Management team and play a key role in developing, monitoring,
and evaluating the overall business strategy and day-to-day responsibility for operations planning, implementing,
managing, and controlling all business-related activities of the company. Based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Responsible for driving continuous forecasting accuracy; assuring the integrity of financial reporting (internal and external) through control functions; providing analyses and insights on business performance to inform decision-making and strategy; balancing the investment needs and demands of multiple stakeholder groups; and for building a strong talent in the finance function.
- Ensure an adequate ERP system is in place to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Partner the MD and function heads to formulate Wilmar Africa’s future direction, strategy and supporting tactical initiatives (this includes fostering and cultivating internal and external stakeholder relationships)
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans and develop finance strategies and KPIs aligned to these plans and ensure the finance team delivers on the KPIs.
- Develop financial operating performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction in alignment with group performance reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial reports, monthly and yearly. Preparation and presentation of budgets, forecasts and actuals reports.
- Analysis report presentation and ensure it reflects the business activities and results thereof.
- Ensure processes are in place to complete Group Reporting Package and other Wilmar Group Reporting requirements on a timely and accurate basis; investigate problem areas and develop action plans to address and remediate these
- Manage cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts, ensure adequate funds are available and efficient management of excess funds.
- Drive and facilitate budgeting process with the management team.
- Ensure timely identification of variances to budget to be able to drive the correct behaviours to achieve financial objectives.
- Develop and implement cost savings initiates.
- Review capital spending plans ensure financial models are diligently prepared and AFCE approvals and monthly reporting are accurately performed.
- Externally, comply and adhere to all regulatory compliance and legislation to protect and reflect the financial position and reputation of Wilmar.
- Take primary responsibility for all local tax and statutory compliance.
- Implement and ensure appropriate financial and internal controls in compliance with Wilmar policies and procedures.
- Access gaps in the control environment and develop action plans to implement the appropriate controls.
- Monitor compliance with controls requirements and hold individuals accountable for compliance.
- Any other matters as decided by the Management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- CA / CPA (essential)
- Master’s degree in Finance or business (preferred)
- More than 10 years proven professional and leadership experience in a senior finance function supervising a team of staff.
- Sound financial reporting skills, including solid experience and exposure to IFRS and auditing standards
- Comprehensive risk management and compliance skills, including knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g.
- Companies Act and exchange control legislation)
- Solid knowledge of local and international taxation practices
- ERP system and systems implementation knowledge (SAP knowledge advantageous)
- Commodity trading, processing and/or manufacturing experience (preferred)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com .
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please