Reference No. 1807 TR
Reference Number: 1807 TR
Our mining services client is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of all accounting records, financial reporting and control, management accounting and the management of clerical staff.
- Overall responsibility for accounts department ensuring that processing takes place timeously to produce management reports within 3 working days of the month end.
- Production planning and co-ordination (ensuring deadlines are met);
- Process and ensure accuracy of all books of account including, general ledger, debtors, creditors, inventory and fixed assets.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts when required.
- Prepare and finalize trial balance monthly for management and annually for auditors
- Ensure all taxation calculations are accurate and submitted timeously.
- Ensure that and assist with processes where stock is controlled, bi-annual stock takes are conducted and stated value is fair.
- Ensure that all accounts payable including foreign creditors, are accurate and correctly stated.
- Ensure that debtors days are maintained within the 65-day period.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are complied with.
- Responsible to ensure weekly and monthly deadlines are met timeously, which include, month ends, weekly reports, salaries and wages, assets registers, VAT and Income Tax calculations and any requirements of management.
- Responsible to ensure annual and monthly trial balances are completed within the required timeframe and provisional and company tax returns are submitted on time
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Comm Accounting / B.AccSci or tertiary qualification of equal measure; suitable certification
- Essential: At least 5 years accounting experience and financial management in a manufacturing company of similar size; previous recent experience on Sage, Articles completed at a medium to large auditing firm
- Preferred: 5 years computer skills; 5 years administration
- Knowledge of IFRS. Management skills. Knowledge of accounting packages and systems. Excellent tax knowledge. Logical thinker and natural problem solver.
- Candidate must be deadline driven and able to work independently.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for