Reference No. KMFDS07
A leading financial services brand is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to join as Chief Executive Officer based in Kampala, Uganda. This individual will play a lead role in the day-to-day running of the business in Uganda including providing direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organisation’s strategic business plan objectives and annual goals.
- Growth and development of the business within Uganda:
- Prepare and continuously maintain a comprehensive business plan and annual budget.
- In association with the support services at the Head Office in Johannesburg, develop and implement sales and marketing campaigns to drive loan book growth in a cost-effective manner and in-line with set targets.
- In association with the support services at the Head Office in Johannesburg, develop and implement appropriate operational strategies and plans.
- In association with the support services at the Head Office in Johannesburg, develop and implement appropriate collections management strategies and plans.
- Financial, Tax and Risk oversight:
- Recommend a yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage the organisation’s resources within the budgeted guidelines and relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage the results and resources of the company in accordance with approved budgets.
- Ensure that the operation is up to date on all relevant legislation and regulations and report appropriately and timeously to all relevant authorities.
- Human Capital:
- Effectively manage Human Capital in accordance with a high-performance culture and within authorised policies and procedures.
- Oversee the development of staff in all areas to ensure their growth and harmonious integration into the teams.
- Provide relevant training and development to all staff to ensure that they are competent in their respective roles.
- Recruit and hire effective staff to grow the company and achieve stated goals.
- Manage the performance of the team and their results.
- Community and Public Relations:
- Ensure that the image of the organisation is consistently presented in a strong and positive light to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Government and the private sector.
- Glean market intelligence through developing a network of contacts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential and existing local funders.
- Organisational culture, values and reputation:
- Maintain and develop our corporate culture, values, and reputation in the market and with our staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies.
- Enhance processes and infrastructure to allow the organisation to grow and achieve its goal.
- Work with Group IT to ensure ongoing maintenance and readiness of office information systems and infrastructure.
- Manage physical infrastructure, as well as all data and intellectual property, within the domain.
- Office Management:
- Oversee day-to-day administrative functions to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Report to the Shareholders/Board and the Executive Management Team on organisational plans and performance.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than 10-15 years relevant, working experience.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential.
- A postgraduate qualification will be advantageous.
- Extensive experience in the financial services sector is essential.
- Experience in the Microfinance industry will be advantageous.
- Previous exposure to Africa will be highly advantageous.
- Solid management, accounting and legal skills are essential.
- Previous Collections experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Uganda and general Microfinance laws relating to financial services, particularly regarding Microlending is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the job.
- Willing to travel to other branches across Africa.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Kyle Magnussen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.