Chief Mine Planner (Underground / Mine Design / Mine Engineering) – Central Africa
054 0612 VG
The Chief Mine Planner is responsible for strategizing, scoping, devising, prioritising, initiating, organising, monitoring, planning, controlling, reporting, and providing specialist technical direction on Mine Planning activities across the project.
- Provides technical input in mine planning
- Coaching of national employees
- Input and recommendations into scoping, feasibility studies, strategic planning process, long term plan options and project value tracking and monitoring.
- Identify, reports and comments on key technical issues, risks, and opportunities for value and within area of expertise and impact thereof on the operation and/or project.
- Co-ordinates mine plan designs along with associated budgets and ensuring efficient capital allocation.
- Ensure effective cross functional coordination between geotechnical, geology, mine planning, survey and mining.
- Facilitation of technical services specialist inputs into the plan and coordinate authorization process.
- Development of rolling out annual forecast and monthly reporting thereof.
- Effective communication and co-ordination with production personnel and planners.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with safety regulations and to create a safe working environment through the implementation of procedures.
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mining Engineering/Mine Planning/MRM or related
- Advanced skills in mine planning software (design & scheduling).
- Ability to translate mine’s strategy into feasible plans to the required resolutions.
- Proven track record in underground mining with experience in mechanized mining
- At least 10 years’ experience in mine planning
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.