Reference No. CDTCOPR
Reference Number: CDTCOPR
A leading international pharmaceutical client of our is currently looking to hire The Chief of Party, who is the Country lead management position for the country program. The Chief of Party provides overall in-country leadership for strategy, management, and program implementation to achieve the program’s goal towards sustainably strengthening medical product quality assurance systems. (S)he ensures consistent, effective, and compliant country program operations and the timely delivery of products that meet work plan objectives that are aligned with the priority needs of the country quality assurance systems and stakeholders’ expectations. The Chief of Party serves as the primary liaison with USAID, relevant government agencies, and key stakeholders to ensure achievement of program deliverables, and to ensure that the program activities complement on-going initiatives. The Chief of Party will manage a team of staff in achieving program results while maintaining operational excellence.
- Provides strategic leadership and oversight for overall management of the country program. This includes but is not limited to leading program design and developing work plans, leading overall implementation of project activities, and setting performance targets to meet priority needs of the country quality assurance systems and stakeholders’ expectations.
- Leads the implementation of program activities, monitor program progress, account for deliverables, monitor that the implementation of activities are of high quality, and produce timely quarterly and annual progress reports
- Accountable for the overall program operations, financial and contractual management, and compliance with USAID regulations.
- Oversees the accuracy, clarity, and quality of progress reports and other project documentation necessary for USAID reporting, ensuring they are completed in accordance with USAID and company policies and procedures and submitted in a timely manner.
- Oversees all human resources and personnel management issues and tasks, including recruitment, onboarding of local staff and performance management to ensure compliance of established policies and procedures
- Represent the Program and increase the program’s visibility among key stakeholders through networking and active participation at relevant meetings and forums; engage with other Implementing Partners to take advantage of opportunities for leveraging existing initiatives and sharing of best practices.
- Develops and maintain strong working relationships with senior government officials, head of Agencies, leaders of pharmaceutical associations, donors, and other in-country stakeholders.
- Master's degree in a health-related field required
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded programs with a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience leading and managing diverse teams on USAID- funded global health program implementation and project management.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the development and manufacture of biologics
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and reporting requirements
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical management issues in public health programs and challenges for meeting global health objectives.
- Pharmacist, medical doctor or other health profession qualification highly desirable
- Understanding of GMP manufacturing of biologics, including vaccines
- Understanding of compatibility and stability studies
- Understanding of cold chain monitoring
- Understanding of fill/finish and packaging processes for mRNA vaccines
- Direct experience with and understanding of WHO vaccine pre-qualification and/or other regulatory authority registration processes
- Strong people management skills, including of virtual, matrixed teams
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to demonstrate highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 25% time.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.