Chief Operating Officer (Manufacturing / Distribution / Production) - Addis Ababa
A client in the manufacturing space is currently seeking a qualified COO that will effectively communicate and foster growth among the executive team and all employees and drive results, spur growth and increase the overall efficiency of the company. This individual with need proven experience in the manufacturing industry and extensive knowledge of the production line and/or distribution house
- Provide management to staff and leadership to the company that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Assist executive team members in creating, growing and building a world class, industry leading company.
- Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective; working closely with the CFO, CEO and other key executive team members in the capital raise process, participate in the company’s road shows. Meet, interact and present information effectively to the shareholders.
- Partner with the CFO to achieve favorable financial results with respect to sales, profitability, cash flow, mergers and acquisitions, systems, reporting and controls.
- Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability.
- Create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes.
- Provide accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Positively represent the company operation at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanor.
- Empower the operational team with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations initiatives.
- Work closely with senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company.
- Works with other executives on budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation programs to accomplish short and long-term operational goals
- Measure and report an operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
- Motivate and encourage employees under operational department at all levels as one of the key leaders in the company.
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with clients, vendors, banks, investors and all other professional business relationships.
- Foster a growth oriented, positive and encouraging environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration or related field.
- MSc/MBA from a top business school
- Proven experience of 5-10 years as Chief Operating Office or 10+ years on an executive level with operational experience
- 15 years’ experience in manufacturing with proven skills in management of a production line and/or distribution house