Reference No. 243 08 RR
To plan/engineer and co-ordinate the ventilation requirements for the mine in line with the established mine plans and
Ghana Mining Regulations, ensuring the group provides an occupational environment which is conducive to good health,
safety and productivity (through anticipation, monitoring, recognition, evaluation and control of factors that may cause
adverse or dangerous conditions).
- Develop functional ventilation processes for implementation and progress tracking
- Produce a rolling 18-month functional plan to contribute long term and Life of Mine (LoM) plans for the mine
- Develop and submit the annual cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for approved Ventilation Outputs
- Manage the integrated delivery of work by the Ventilation function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, cost and related KPIs
- Accountable for the implementation, communication, and enforcement of all environmental legal compliance for the department.
- Provide the systems, resources, and expertise to develop the Ventilation team to deliver the annual budget capably and consistently, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Ventilation function
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Exco, Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, CARO etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining/Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate in Mine Environmental Control
- A postgraduate in Management/Management practice would be considered a strong asset
- A minimum 10 – 15 years of relevant ventilation engineering experience in underground mining environment with some exposure in occupational hygiene
- Blasting certificate
- At least 5 years’ experience in the chief ventilation engineering role
- Capable of analysing and interpreting ventilation data and the requisite ventilation methods for different stoping techniques
- Capable of analysing and interpreting data of environmental stressors
- Capable of developing ventilation design criteria to support safe and optimal mine operations.
- Capable of developing ventilation standard operating procedures
- Capable to carry out aero, thermo & contaminant modelling and interpret results
- A high level of computer literacy with specialized ventilation and mining software such as Ventism, Vuma, Studio 5D/Surpac, Autocad etc.
- A good understanding on blasting time and blasting Scheduling
- Strong technical, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train junior and intermediate engineers
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package with Annual Performance incentives
- Opportunity to join a global mining leader
- Expatriate, with a FIFO 9/3 rotation or better
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.