Let's find out where you can grow your career
Coal Metallurgist (Mining / Chemical Engineering / Mineral Processing / Coal Washing / DMS Plants) – Zimbabwe
533 0202 MHU
February 2, 2022
Reference Number: 533 0202 MHU
This role will support the technical operation of the Coal Preparation and Washing with technical advice and laboratory test work, with a mix of pre-agreed, scheduled tasks and urgent priority-based tasks assigned by the Mine Manager / GM. The successful candidate will take overall responsibility for the coal preparation and washing operations which will include the shift process teams reporting directly to him/her.
- Supports the Mine Manager in maximizing the value of Extractive Metallurgy services to the Coal Mine at all times providing health and safety is not compromised.
- Supports the provision of relevant technical information to the technical and operations units with the aim of driving value through optimized product recoveries.
- Completes a baseload of detailed technical investigations aligned to the strategic intent of the business unit operation, both at site and in the laboratory environment aimed at delivering a specified value for the business unit.
- Delivers accurate and relevant reports to support the identification of current and future value adding opportunities.
- Supports effectiveness and continuous improvement of the productivity and value contribution within the assigned tasks
- Supports the provision of relevant technical information to the technical and operations teams.
- Other than the baseload task assignments the metallurgist will lead the coal preparation and washing operational teams.
- Ensures that SHEQ issues are considered in all activities
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- MSc Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering with 3 years’ experience in processing or process development OR PHD in Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, relevant to coal hydrometallurgy/Processing, OR BSc Chemistry, Metallurgical Engineering or Chemical Engineering with 3 years relevant experience on jigging, floatation or DMS plants
- Experience/exposure to coal metallurgical operations through project work, research and development or operational exposure, over a period exceeding 3 years, would be considered essential
- Prior knowledge coal preparation and wash treatment processes
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- USD net salary package
- FIFO or residential status – to be discussed
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.