Let's find out where you can grow your career
Collections Manager (micro-finance / loans) –Kampala, Uganda
The Collections Manager will be responsible for overseeing and managing the entire collections
process and staff of Uganda. This will include the management of and reporting on both early and
late stage collections to ensure accurate processing and collections of payments, within targeted
and budgeted requirements as well as providing leadership and guidance to all collections staff.
- Ensure monthly collections remain at acceptable group-level
- Ensure all payments from employers are obtained each month and follow up with PCA and, where applicable, the employer, on any outstanding payments.
- Ensure that sound relationships are created and maintained with key staff and management at the payrolls of all Government Ministries, UMRA Departments and Agencies (“MDAs”) and private entities which Access deals with, as well as with external service providers (PCA’s).
- Ensure that all categories of arrears are equitably and timeously monitored, managed and reported on, and that the data, process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that all relevant performance and management data is timeously and accurately collected, collated, analysed and disseminated.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to develop personnel and ensure the transference of skills and efficient achievement of goals and objectives.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (such as a B Com Degree) is preferred
- Preference will also be given to candidates with applicable certificates in Collections and Credit Management.
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than FIVE years relevant, working experience of which at least two should have been in a similar role.
- Government payroll and/or other payroll loan collections experience is essential.
- Ugandan Microlending or related financial services experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Uganda laws relating to financial services, particularly regarding Microlending, is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the job