Let's find out where you can grow your career
Commercial Account Manager ( Mining / Geoscience / Technology / Software ) – Perth, Australia
207 05 RR
Oceanic and Pacific Rim#Asia and South Asia
May 3, 2022
Your role will report to the Operations Manager and be based at our Perth office in Western Australia. You will be required to perform all aspects of account management, from regional strategy development, communicating our value proposition to all customers, forecasting, providing high level of customer service, maintaining and developing relationships with our existing customers, contract negotiations and pipeline management, through to negotiating and closing sales. Regular travel is required.
- Maintain and build customer relationships.
- Establish proactive strategies & customer engagement, including generating sale opportunities.
- Talk confidently with management, geoscientists, database administrators, procurement and IT personnel. It is common to engage with various stakeholders to successfully grow a customer relationship.
- Understand company’s markets and the different approaches required for each (exploration juniors through to large multi-mine, multi-commodity majors).
- Understand company’s philosophy and value proposition. Communicate this message clearly to our customers.
- Participate in customer service and support agreement meetings as required (typically quarterly).
- Contribute to the development of a Commercial Support business strategy for the growth of the business.
- Execute sales and generate revenue using the strategies defined.
- Sustain the maintenance revenue portfolio.
- Demonstrate proficiency and consistency in utilising our core business systems for tracking our customer information and opportunities.
- Contribute to revenue forecasting and reconciliation
- Contribute to product development to ensure that the current pains being felt by the customer are being addressed in the technology development plan.
- Work with Exploration and Mining Value Stream (Business Development, Commercial Support, Implementation and Technical Support) to develop new and expand existing relationships and opportunities
- Maintain strong communication with all company stakeholders involved in a sale and implementation process. This can include the Technology Adviser during scoping, Partner Manager Implementation during installation and for post-implementation technical assistance.
- Develop strong relationships with all members of the global Commercial teams.
- Understand and contribute to the Account Manager sales process and promote the value of the company solutions to the different audiences and markets. Understanding technology is fundamental.
- Be able to clearly describe the benefits and differences between the various solutions and products.
- Company uses a sales team approach, where the Commercial Account Manager works with trained Technology Advisers to present a comprehensive solution to the customer.
- The Commercial Account Manager needs sufficient technical understanding of the company products in order to answer basic technical questions accurately and with confidence.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diploma or higher-level qualification/s in Sales and Marketing, Commerce, or Geosciences,
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in a technology sales role, preferably with working knowledge of mining and exploration software solutions
- General knowledge of the Resources industry
- Good understanding of Customer Relationship Management systems
- Ability to drive and close revenue opportunities
- Working knowledge of mining software products
- Current customer base of Mining Industry contacts
- Capacity to learn rapidly in a very dynamic environment
- Capacity for both technical and strategic business thinking
- Negotiation skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Full time employment
- Competitive AUD salary package + Benefits
- Regular travel is required
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.