Commercial and Sales Superintendent (Mining / Contracts / Finance / Stakeholders / Offtake) – DRC, Central Africa
Oceanic and Pacific Rim#Central Asia#Central Africa#Asia and South Asia
Posted 2 months ago
Reference No. 297 03 RR
Our client is seeking a Commercial and Sales Superintendent who will establish and manage the offtake and sales management functions, together with local and international client liaison, data validation, forecasting and reconciling functions, to cut company costs and ensure attainment of sales targets and revenue realisation. Furthermore, the incumbent will establish and manage special projects and new offtakes for new phases (sulphuric acid, anodes, blisters, etc)
- Manage, Monitor and communicate progress on sales plan based on relevant and accurate sales forecasting.
- Oversee and manage relationships with offtake partners, clients and buyers according to an understanding of their needs and in line with contractual agreements.
- Drive effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Function as a Sales and Commercial subject matter expert.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to enable optimisation of the business value chain.
- Manage a function that builds people, values difference and creates an inclusive work environment.
- Monitor costs or expenses to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Drive transformation in terms of people, automation/ digitisation and sustainability and provide timely and robust change management to underpin initiatives.
- Embed and drive a work ethos that is committed to safeguarding employee safety, health and wellbeing.
- Establish reporting best practices for the area of responsibility.
- Deploy integrated risk management, governance and compliance framework throughout the area of responsibility.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 8-10 years' successful experience as a sales/commercial/marketing/contracts manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or related field (with relevant experience)
- Undergraduate qualification in chemical / metallurgical engineering / analytical chemistry
- Experience in the mining environment highly advantageous
- Fluency in Mandarin and English preferred. French and Swahili advantageous
- Multinational contractor and client liaison
- DRC, SA and client legislation
- Understanding of sales analytics and sales forecasting
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate option
- FIFO rotation to be discussed
- Competitive USD Net package