Let's find out where you can grow your career
Commercial Financial Controller – (Business Strategies / Financial Planning & Analysis / Forecasting / – Ghana
April 22, 2022
Reference Number: JAWI002
Our client within the FMCG Sector is looking for an innovative Commercial Financial Controller, this person will be an integral member of the African Senior Finance Team, you will work closely with Country Finance and Commercial teams to drive business strategies and market performance. You will spearhead rigorous evaluation of key business drivers, plant costs and yields, new go-to-market initiatives, market and competitor trends. You will also develop analytical tools to better understand and forecast business evolution and opportunities. These activities will cover all segments of the downstream markets in Africa and will have a high contribution to the PNL through insightful analysis or the market and pricing decisions and influencing ongoing brand and portfolio strategy.
- Business partner with the Country Finance and Sales & Commercial Teams on all commercial finance matters, providing financial insights and recommendations.
- Produce and provide the analysis for monthly reporting including providing insights into results and calling out key opportunities and challenges
- Drive process and system improvement opportunities to increase operational efficiency.
- Actively engage internal stakeholders for forecasting and budgeting
- Partnering with the Africa EXCO to drive strategic projects for the business, ensure performance is monitored in accordance with KPI and assist in the development of business scorecards and reporting
- Provide leadership, manage and motivate the finance team supervised
- Leverage knowledge and expertise of Wilmar Shared Services (SSC) to help ensure daily transaction processing in executed efficiently and in accordance with SOP and ensure all information contained within the finance system is up to date.
- Ensure compliance and reporting requirements are met in accordance with local regulations.
- Monitor and ensure all Wilmar and reporting requirements are met for commercial positions and pricing. Coordinate with Singapore Trading Desk.
- Ability to analyse the business, identify risk and work with the leadership on mitigation strategies.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field (must)
- CA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA (must)
- 8+ years of experience in a finance role (must), preferably in a FMCG environment.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others who are not direct reports (must)
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong knowledge and experience of IFRS (must)
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices (want)
- Experience as part of a business leadership team (3+ years) and demonstrated ability to partner with commercial and technical teams.
- Superior attention to detail (must)
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Integrity, honesty
- Continuous improvement and change management mindset.
- Knowledge and experience using SAP (must)
- Project Management knowledge & Experience (want)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com .
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable position