Let's find out where you can grow your career
Commercial Manager ( Mining / Contract Management / Business Development / Debt Management ) – Gauteng, South Africa
121 13 05 MNW
Southern Africa#Central Africa
June 21, 2021
Reference Number: 121 13 05 MNW
Our client, A mining services provider,, is seeking a Commercial Manager, who will be responsible for Business Development and Commercial support services, including lead generation, estimation and proposals, contract/commercial negotiations, billing and debtor management. The ideal incumbent would have great contract mining experience, with experience outside South Africa being advantageous.
- Ensure contract compliance and operations sign-off to internal standards and manage the approval process from a commercial perspective.
- Accountable for estimation and business proposals.
- Responsible to negotiate contract terms and conditions and pricing for new contracts and contract amendments
- Accountable for market research and identify potential new business opportunities and cross selling opportunities
- Proactive interaction with Production, Sub Contractors, Clients, third parties (legal services, regulatory bodies).
- Focusing on continuous learning, planning and development of appropriate skills to drive and achieve business goals, and the holistic management of talent.
- Manage Team performance by setting and monitoring performance standards and taking action to correct deviations to achieve the entity objectives.
- Oversee that Invoices generated by Debtors function are dispatched on time, issued accurately, followed by updated statements
- Follow up and implement collection activities.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary Qualification in Legal, Quantity Surveying, Commercial or equivalent.
- 15 Years of contract/cost management experience
- Extensive exposure to Contract Mining (10 Years)
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and written)
Benefits and Contractual information: