Reference No. CV06
Reference Number: CV06
Our client, a market leading natural resources producer on the African continent, is currently looking for a Construction Manager to join their Projects team. In this position you will be reporting to the Director of Projects while ensuring that all aspects of construction projects are controlled, coordinated, and completed to the highest safety and quality levels within time and budget constraints.
- Essential functions: budget and cost controls, construction management, change transformation and process optimization, stakeholder relations, people management/development, production, health, and safety
- Participate in setting goals for budget adherence and controls for the construction department
- Assist with compilation of monthly budget, monitor spending, and allocate expenses to appropriate cost account
- Schedule construction projects in logical steps and budget time and resources required to meet deadlines.
- Ensure the preparation of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Identify and recommend initiatives aimed at eliminating waste, improve productivity and reduce operating costs within scope.
- Participate in sub-functional and departmental change.
- Support and maintain healthy diverse workable internal relations (Peer, Unions, Team, Organisation) and implement remedial actions where required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill (Mandatory)
- University 3 year General / Technical Degree
- 5 – 8 years working experience in an Assistant construction Manager position or
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience as a Construction Manager within the Mining sector
- Africa experience is essential
- PMP certified
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position.
- Attractive market related salary and benefits.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Christo van der Ham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Christo van der Ham
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.